    something for digital cameras?

    it worked a short while ago on a drive to alaska, and i don't think i've
    bumped it since then ... but maybe i did :-(

    lefty, Oct 24, 2003

  2. lefty

    Todd Walker Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:38:19 GMT, lefty <> wrote:

    >I've got a sony fd91 that i got back in 1998. it's served me well, and is
    >now one of three digital cameras around the house. i grab it sometimes
    >because the floppy is easier to mess with than a cable. the thing is, when
    >i got it out this time, it seems to be going. it seems to be gathernig
    >less light, and less focus. for example:
    >
    >http://www.fotolog.net/lefty_aardvark/?photo_id=1702672
    >
    >that's a morning daylight shot.
    >
    >does anyone know if this old age thing is common? is there a 5 year life or
    >something for digital cameras?
    >
    >it worked a short while ago on a drive to alaska, and i don't think i've
    >bumped it since then ... but maybe i did :-(

    If you've gotten five years out of it I would say you got your money's
    worth. Time to lay it to rest ;-)

    ________________________
    Todd Walker
    http://www.toddwalker.net
    Canon 10D

    Todd Walker, Oct 24, 2003

  3. lefty

    james Guest

    Well, as Todd says, it served it's purpose for a long time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in
    digital years. I had one that lasted a long time. It is gone now too. If
    you want to get rid of yours, contact me and I'll take it off your hands.
    It might be repairable.
    james

    james, Oct 24, 2003
  4. lefty

    JohnO Guest

    Here's a link to someone that repairs the Sony Mavicas. Haven't needed his
    service yet but from what I understand he knows the Mavicas inside and out
    and could maybe give you a good idea of what is going on with your 91 or if
    it is repairable.

    Contact TimD at http://www.mavicaservice.homestead.com/

    Like you, I still have my FD91 from early 99 and take it out once in a
    while. Still a great camera for a quick shot here and there and also one of
    my three digitals.

    JohnO, Oct 25, 2003
  5. lefty

    lefty Guest

    good news, it works again. i took the battery out and charged it some more,
    and then put it back in and stepped the camera through all its settings.

    whatever fugue the camera was in seems to be gone now.

    thanks for the moral support

    lefty, Oct 26, 2003
  6. lefty

    james Guest

    That's great news! I do miss my FD91 at times. Even though it didn't take
    near the quality photos my Canon 10D does. It still amazed me at how good
    it did do. Glad to hear yours is going to continue to work a bit longer.
    james
    (oh, and if you even do decide to get rid of it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,drop me a note
    !! )

    james, Oct 26, 2003