    anything about this lens? (eBay itme No. 7567759647)
    Mark

    , Dec 22, 2005

  2. Skip M Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I have just bought a Sigma (Canon mount) 70-210 f2.8 APO zoom lens, but
    > I don't seem to be able to switch it to AF. Instead of a switch it has
    > a ring with AF and MF and a marker, I guessed that you should simply
    > twist the ring to select AF, but is doesn't move. I am not totally
    > convinced that this is the selection method as the ring is not
    > rubberised as are the zoom and focus rings.
    > I have e-mailed the seller but not had an answer. Anyone else know
    > anything about this lens? (eBay itme No. 7567759647)
    > Mark

    Don't know about the Sigma, but my Tokina, you push or pull the focus ring
    fore or aft to switch from AF to MF...you might try that.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Dec 23, 2005

  3. I had that lens , and I think it is a switch in the ring, why it does
    not work?

    www.photochimper.com

    photochimperdude, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Deedee Tee Guest

    By any chance is there a small button on or near the AF/MF ring that
    you have to press before you can turn the ring? Some Nikkor lenses
    have such an arrangement.

    Deedee Tee, Dec 23, 2005
  5. Guest

    Deedee,
    No, I can't see any button, that is waht I kind of expected myself.
    Mark

    , Dec 23, 2005