    It makes no difference where or whom is involved. The scam is the same.
    If you receive one of these, feel free to forward the information, with
    headers to

    Richard, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Richard

    Graham Guest

    I'll remember to forward all my spam to the american government in future.

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Usually, the scam has some guy touting off he's some family member of
    > ex-what ever head of India or some African country.
    > The scammer wants you to join them in helping them to remove some hidden
    > wealth they can't legally get out of the country.
    > This version I just received uses the Pan-Am Flight 103 that crashed at
    > Lockerbie, England a few years ago, in which they claim one unclaimed

    victim

    Graham, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Graham wrote:

    > I'll remember to forward all my spam to the american government in
    > future.

    Not sure what the address is, but for you blokes in the UK, you should send
    it off to scotland yard.
    UCE means "Unsolicited commercial e-mail" [spam].

    FTC is "Federal Trade Commission" which is basically the overlord of the
    internet in the USA.

    But feel free to send it to them. They don't mind.

    Richard, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Richard

    TRADESMAN Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Usually, the scam has some guy touting off he's some family member of
    > ex-what ever head of India or some African country.
    > The scammer wants you to join them in helping them to remove some hidden
    > wealth they can't legally get out of the country.
    > This version I just received uses the Pan-Am Flight 103 that crashed at
    > Lockerbie, England a few years ago, in which they claim one unclaimed

    victim
    > had a huge fortune and no known heirs.
    >
    > It makes no difference where or whom is involved. The scam is the same.
    > If you receive one of these, feel free to forward the information, with
    > headers to

    I always thought that nobody would ever be so gullible as to fall for scams
    such as these. Was amazed to learn that they get away with hundreds of
    millions of £s a year!

    TRADESMAN, Nov 8, 2003
  5. Richard

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Mcploppy ©, Nov 8, 2003
  6. Richard

    PJB Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Usually, the scam has some guy touting off he's some

    family member of
    > ex-what ever head of India or some African country.
    > The scammer wants you to join them in helping them to

    remove some hidden
    > wealth they can't legally get out of the country.
    > This version I just received uses the Pan-Am Flight 103

    that crashed at
    > Lockerbie, England a few years ago, in which they claim

    one unclaimed victim
    > had a huge fortune and no known heirs.

    It's some scam, they've even moved Lockerbie, last time I
    looked, it was in Scotland, not England ;-)

    P.

    PJB, Nov 8, 2003
  7. Richard

    Phil Guest

    Lockerbie, Great Britain? AH...... Those were the days

    --
    Regards

    Phil Tilbury

    visit our website on: www.flickersgo.freeserve.co.uk

    We can design/build you a website from as little as £100 - for more details:
    www.flickersgo.freeserve.co.uk/webdesigns.htm
    ---------------------------------

    [Information] -- Webmaster:

    This transmission is intended solely for the addressee(s) and may be
    confidential. If you are not the named addressee, or if the message has been
    addressed to you in error, you must not read, disclose, reproduce,
    distribute or use this transmission.
    Delivery of this message to any person other than the named addressee is not
    intended in any way to waive confidentiality. If you have received this
    transmission in error please contact the sender or delete the message.

    Thank you.

    http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap/frames.htm?mapAction=gaz&gazName=p&gazString=LOCKERBIE

    Phil, Nov 8, 2003
  8. On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:39:57 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Mcploppy © in message

    > Richard bashed at the keyboard and said :
    >
    > <SNIP>
    >
    >> at Lockerbie, England

    > <SNIP>
    >

    > Lockerbie,*SCOTLAND*
    > http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap/frames.htm?mapAction=gaz&gazN
    > ame=p&gazString=LOCKERBIE http://tinyurl.com/u6er

    ya gotta remember, St00pid thinks Australia is in Europe....

    --
    The Old Sourdough

    No of SETI units returned: 2337
    (Total hours: 39994)
    www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

    The Old Sourdough, Nov 8, 2003
  9. Richard

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 03:27:34 -0600, "Richard" <>
    scribbled:

    > Graham wrote:
    >
    > > I'll remember to forward all my spam to the american government in
    >> future.

    >Not sure what the address is, but for you blokes in the UK, you should send
    >it off to scotland yard.

    You watch too many 'movys'.

    >UCE means "Unsolicited commercial e-mail" [spam].

    No shit, Sherlock!

    >FTC is "Federal Trade Commission" which is basically the overlord of the
    >internet in the USA.

    Umm, no, that's not what they're there for.

    >But feel free to send it to them. They don't mind.

    I bet they actually do mind getting complaints from people
    in countries where they have no jurisdiction.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Nov 8, 2003
  10. Richard

    slumpy Guest

    With a rumble and a belch TRADESMAN decided to put the World to rights with
    this little speech from the heart...

    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Usually, the scam has some guy touting off he's some family member of
    >> ex-what ever head of India or some African country.
    >> The scammer wants you to join them in helping them to remove some
    >> hidden wealth they can't legally get out of the country.
    >> This version I just received uses the Pan-Am Flight 103 that crashed
    >> at Lockerbie, England a few years ago, in which they claim one
    >> unclaimed victim had a huge fortune and no known heirs.
    >>
    >> It makes no difference where or whom is involved. The scam is the
    >> same. If you receive one of these, feel free to forward the
    >> information, with headers to
    >>

    > I always thought that nobody would ever be so gullible as to fall for
    > scams such as these. Was amazed to learn that they get away with
    > hundreds of millions of £s a year!

    5 people per week were found lost and penniless at Lagos airport last year
    /from the US alone/ !!!
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Nov 8, 2003
  11. Richard

    gangle Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" wrote
    > On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:39:57 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    > boggled at the following statement by Mcploppy © in message
    > >
    > > Richard bashed at the keyboard and said :
    > >
    > > <SNIP>
    > >
    > >> at Lockerbie, England

    > > <SNIP>
    > >

    > ya gotta remember, St00pid thinks Australia is in Europe....

    Yeah, what a maroon. Anyone with half a brain knows
    Australia is colony of Iceland. Jesus H. Christ.

    gangle, Nov 8, 2003
  12. Richard

    TRADESMAN Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > With a rumble and a belch TRADESMAN decided to put the World to
    > rights with this little speech from the heart...
    >
    >> "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >>> Usually, the scam has some guy touting off he's some family member
    >>> of ex-what ever head of India or some African country.
    >>> The scammer wants you to join them in helping them to remove some
    >>> hidden wealth they can't legally get out of the country.
    >>> This version I just received uses the Pan-Am Flight 103 that crashed
    >>> at Lockerbie, England a few years ago, in which they claim one
    >>> unclaimed victim had a huge fortune and no known heirs.
    >>>
    >>> It makes no difference where or whom is involved. The scam is the
    >>> same. If you receive one of these, feel free to forward the
    >>> information, with headers to
    >>>

    >> I always thought that nobody would ever be so gullible as to fall for
    >> scams such as these. Was amazed to learn that they get away with
    >> hundreds of millions of £s a year!

    > 5 people per week were found lost and penniless at Lagos airport last
    > year /from the US alone/ !!!

    I also read at the FBI site that murder and suicide are not uncommon.
    Totally mindboggling!!!

    TRADESMAN, Nov 8, 2003