    program files. I tried some linuxlive commands on the partition with
    no luck. I was able to change the name of the folders thats all. How
    can I get rid of these files without reformatting?
    Wonderer, Apr 8, 2007

  2. Wonderer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:10:11 -0700, Wonderer wrote:

    > I have a 120gb hard drive with 100gigs of data that I would like to
    > keep in a ntfs drive. It also has a broken xphome install on it. I
    > tried booting to xp/2k repair console and I could not delete the
    > program files. I tried some linuxlive commands on the partition with
    > no luck. I was able to change the name of the folders thats all. How
    > can I get rid of these files without reformatting?

    What error message you get?

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Apr 8, 2007

  3. Wonderer

    Wonderer Guest

    On Apr 8, 5:20 pm, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:10:11 -0700, Wonderer wrote:
    > > I have a 120gb hard drive with 100gigs of data that I would like to
    > > keep in a ntfs drive. It also has a broken xphome install on it. I
    > > tried booting to xp/2k repair console and I could not delete the
    > > program files. I tried some linuxlive commands on the partition with
    > > no luck. I was able to change the name of the folders thats all. How
    > > can I get rid of these files without reformatting?

    > What error message you get?
    >
    > --
    > #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    > #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    > #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    > #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    > COOSN-266-06-25794

    I get the "restricted file"
    Wonderer, Apr 8, 2007
  4. Wonderer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:27:41 -0700, Wonderer wrote:

    > On Apr 8, 5:20 pm, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:10:11 -0700, Wonderer wrote:
    >> > I have a 120gb hard drive with 100gigs of data that I would like to
    >> > keep in a ntfs drive. It also has a broken xphome install on it. I
    >> > tried booting to xp/2k repair console and I could not delete the
    >> > program files. I tried some linuxlive commands on the partition with
    >> > no luck. I was able to change the name of the folders thats all. How
    >> > can I get rid of these files without reformatting?

    >> What error message you get?
    >>
    >> --
    >> #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    >> #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    >> #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    >> #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    >> Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
    >> COOSN-266-06-25794

    > I get the "restricted file"

    Hmmm, try taking ownership recursively?
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Apr 8, 2007
  5. Wonderer

    Wonderer Guest

    On Apr 8, 5:38 pm, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:27:41 -0700, Wonderer wrote:

    > >> What error message you get?

    > >> --
    > >> #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    > >> #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    > >> #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    > >> #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    > >> Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
    > >> COOSN-266-06-25794

    > > I get the "restricted file"

    > Hmmm, try taking ownership recursively?
    > --
    > #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    > #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    > #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    > #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    > COOSN-266-06-25794

    How do I do that?
    Wonderer, Apr 9, 2007
  6. Wonderer

    why? Guest

    On 9 Apr 2007 09:49:47 -0700, Wonderer wrote:

    >On Apr 8, 5:38 pm, Meat Plow <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >> > I get the "restricted file"

    >> Hmmm, try taking ownership recursively?

    <snip>

    >How do I do that?

    http://www.google.com/search?q=windows xp file ownership

    1st hit -
    Describes how to take ownership of files or folders that you may not
    have permissions for if you are an administrator for that computer.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 - Similar pages

    3rd hit -
    How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP?
    How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP? When you access
    a file or a folder in your system, you may receive an error "Access
    Denied", ...
    www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Apr 9, 2007
  7. Wonderer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:41:03 +0000, why? wrote:

    > On 9 Apr 2007 09:49:47 -0700, Wonderer wrote:

    > <snip>

    >>> Hmmm, try taking ownership recursively?

    > <snip>
    >
    >>How do I do that?

    > http://www.google.com/search?q=windows xp file ownership
    >
    > 1st hit -
    > How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
    > Describes how to take ownership of files or folders that you may not
    > have permissions for if you are an administrator for that computer.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421 - Similar pages
    >

    > 3rd hit -
    > How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP?
    > How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP? When you access
    > a file or a folder in your system, you may receive an error "Access
    > Denied", ...
    > www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > Me

    Thanks :)

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Apr 9, 2007
  8. Wonderer

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 15:54:47 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    >On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:41:03 +0000, why? wrote:

    <snip>

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>>How do I do that?

    >> http://www.google.com/search?q=windows xp file ownership
    >>
    >> 1st hit -
    >> How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
    >> Describes how to take ownership of files or folders that you may not

    <snip links>

    >Thanks :)

    YW.

    Me