    I searched past posts but saw nothing.

    help?

    , Dec 12, 2006

  2. Keme Guest

    skrev:
    > I have a Netware partition from Netware 3.12. I no longer have the
    > server, nor any install media.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can mount this to extract the data? Windows or Linux
    > readily avaliable.
    > I see many references to a NWFS driver for linux, but they all lead
    > back to the same file, and that one will not compile under any build I
    > have tried.
    >
    > Stellar Phoenix makes a tool for windows, but it crashes on load for no
    > apparent reason. I've tried it in a couple systems with the same
    > effect.
    >
    > I searched past posts but saw nothing.
    >
    > help?

    Does the Stellar Phoenix tool crash when starting it up, or when
    attempting to open a volume?
    - If it crashes when opening a volume, you may have a volume with
    serious defects. In that case you may need vrepair to save your volume
    (if it is at all possible). Another possibility is that what you have is
    one part of a multipart volume (one volume distributed across multiple
    disks.)
    - Otherwise, your downloaded copy of the software may be defective. Try
    downloading it again.

    Is installing a full Novell server an option?
    Novell offers evaluation versions under at least two names that sound
    promising:
    -Novell Nterprise Linux Services 1.0 90-day Evaluation
    -Novell Open Enterprise Server SP2 EVAL

    Don't know if they'll mount old volumes, but I can't see why they
    shouldn't. Setting up a Novell server can be a tedious process, though,
    and I'm not sure how far you need to go to be able to mount the volume.
    Whether it's worth it depends on how valuable your old data are to you.
    IIRC you'll be able to mount FAT partitions in server console, so once
    you get it right the copying should be as easy as linux...

    Keme, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Guest

    Keme wrote:
    > skrev:
    > > I have a Netware partition from Netware 3.12. I no longer have the
    > > server, nor any install media.
    > >
    > > Anyone know how I can mount this to extract the data? Windows or Linux
    > > readily avaliable.
    > > I see many references to a NWFS driver for linux, but they all lead
    > > back to the same file, and that one will not compile under any build I
    > > have tried.
    > >
    > > Stellar Phoenix makes a tool for windows, but it crashes on load for no
    > > apparent reason. I've tried it in a couple systems with the same
    > > effect.
    > >
    > > I searched past posts but saw nothing.
    > >
    > > help?
    > >

    > Does the Stellar Phoenix tool crash when starting it up, or when
    > attempting to open a volume?
    > - If it crashes when opening a volume, you may have a volume with
    > serious defects. In that case you may need vrepair to save your volume
    > (if it is at all possible). Another possibility is that what you have is
    > one part of a multipart volume (one volume distributed across multiple
    > disks.)
    > - Otherwise, your downloaded copy of the software may be defective. Try
    > downloading it again.

    Tried that, it still dies. Dies on startup, never gets in far enough to
    mount anything.

    I have Novell's OpenSUSE 10 and am looking around for an NWFS driver.
    No success yet.

    , Dec 13, 2006
  4. Guest

    wrote:
    > Keme wrote:
    > > skrev:
    > > > I have a Netware partition from Netware 3.12. I no longer have the
    > > > server, nor any install media.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone know how I can mount this to extract the data? Windows or Linux
    > > > readily avaliable.
    > > > I see many references to a NWFS driver for linux, but they all lead
    > > > back to the same file, and that one will not compile under any build I
    > > > have tried.
    > > >
    > > > Stellar Phoenix makes a tool for windows, but it crashes on load for no
    > > > apparent reason. I've tried it in a couple systems with the same
    > > > effect.
    > > >
    > > > I searched past posts but saw nothing.
    > > >
    > > > help?
    > > >

    > > Does the Stellar Phoenix tool crash when starting it up, or when
    > > attempting to open a volume?
    > > - If it crashes when opening a volume, you may have a volume with
    > > serious defects. In that case you may need vrepair to save your volume
    > > (if it is at all possible). Another possibility is that what you have is
    > > one part of a multipart volume (one volume distributed across multiple
    > > disks.)
    > > - Otherwise, your downloaded copy of the software may be defective. Try
    > > downloading it again.

    > Tried that, it still dies. Dies on startup, never gets in far enough to
    > mount anything.
    >
    > I have Novell's OpenSUSE 10 and am looking around for an NWFS driver.
    > No success yet.

    Update:
    Stellar-Phoenix runs in safe mode on any computer. It found the files,
    so I bought it. Full version runs in normal mode when the demo version
    could not.

    , Dec 13, 2006