    PCIMA cards can be inserted?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Boaby

    Boaby, Jul 1, 2007

  2. Boaby

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Boaby" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a Linksys DSL router BEFDSR41W with a PCIMA card slot for a
    > wireless card to be slotted. But the sticker at the back advised only
    > a WPC11 card can be used. Now my question is can any modern wireless
    > PCIMA cards can be inserted?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    The router (and associated wireless card) are about 5 years old, so there
    may have been some firmware updates adding increased functionality and
    compatibility. But still, the cost of a new wireless router isn't much more
    than a new wireless PC Card. I bought one the other day for under $40.

    Of course, Linksys has customer support: email them and ask -

    WhzzKdd, Jul 1, 2007

  3. Boaby

    Grug Guest

    Boaby wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I have a Linksys DSL router BEFDSR41W with a PCIMA card slot for a
    > wireless card to be slotted. But the sticker at the back advised only
    > a WPC11 card can be used. Now my question is can any modern wireless
    > PCIMA cards can be inserted?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Boaby

    It's supports 802.11b aka Wireless B, at 11Mbps.

    Any modern card should work. Enable 128bit WEP; disable broadcasting of
    the SSID; use MAC address filtering.

    Grug, Jul 1, 2007