    Should we try to use the programs he used most often with Win98 if we
    can find new drivers for XP?

    Reggie

    Reggie, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Your best bet is to do a new install onto the new computer with the original
    program installation disks and not try to copy stuff from the old drive. Any
    saved data you have on the old computer like Quicken data files or saved
    games can be transferred via floppy.

    BananaPannaPoe, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Reggie

    riz Guest

    Your dad's my hero!

    Reggie wrote in message <>...
    >My 84-year old father has just bought a new Windows XP computer

    snip

    riz, Jul 7, 2003