  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    We were Facebook buddies... what happened? Something I said?

    G. Morgan, Mar 16, 2010

  2. G. Morgan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The G. Morgan Post:
    > We were Facebook buddies... what happened? Something I said?

    LOL I have to learn how to get it all setup, and not sure I like it
    that much. email any time. It's cold and windy in Marfa

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Mar 16, 2010

  3. G. Morgan

    83LowRider Guest

    "OldGringo38" wrote

    >> We were Facebook buddies... what happened? Something I said?
    >>

    > LOL I have to learn how to get it all setup, and not sure I like it that
    > much. email any time. It's cold and windy in Marfa

    Facebook is wonderful once you learn to hide all the
    idiotic games and apps, and rid yourself of the Obama
    supporters. <g>

    83LowRider, Mar 16, 2010
  4. G. Morgan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The 83LowRider Post:
    > "OldGringo38" wrote
    >
    >>> We were Facebook buddies... what happened? Something I said?
    >>>

    >> LOL I have to learn how to get it all setup, and not sure I like it that
    >> much. email any time. It's cold and windy in Marfa

    > Facebook is wonderful once you learn to hide all the
    > idiotic games and apps, and rid yourself of the Obama
    > supporters.<g>

    I'm working on just that, not sure if I want to be as visual on
    Facebook as I am here, and just keep it to a dull roar with friends
    and family. It really seems to be designed with the younger
    generation in mind.

    OldGringo38, Mar 16, 2010
  5. G. Morgan

    83LowRider Guest

    "OldGringo38" wrote

    > I'm working on just that, not sure if I want to be as visual on
    > Facebook as I am here, and just keep it to a dull roar with friends and
    > family. It really seems to be designed with the younger generation in
    > mind.

    I just returned from an unofficial class reunion (class of 75)
    yesterday, that was put together solely from FB. The only
    'younger' generation there were the kids and grandkids of
    us older farts. My friends list is basically all 50+ with the
    exception of a few nieces/nephews. Dozens of the pictures
    taken are already up and shared by those attending, and
    there is no way (that I've found) that makes it easier to keep
    in touch and share those things. I used to post pics to a
    photobucket account, but even then, you'd have to send out
    numerous notifications to those you wish to share with. FB
    just simplifies all that. And according to your privacy settings,
    you can keep it from totally muted to a dull roar to wide open.
    It just takes a little 'tweaking'. Good luck. :)

    83LowRider, Mar 16, 2010
  6. G. Morgan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The 83LowRider Post:
    > "OldGringo38" wrote
    >
    >> I'm working on just that, not sure if I want to be as visual on
    >> Facebook as I am here, and just keep it to a dull roar with friends and
    >> family. It really seems to be designed with the younger generation in
    >> mind.

    > I just returned from an unofficial class reunion (class of 75)
    > yesterday, that was put together solely from FB. The only
    > 'younger' generation there were the kids and grandkids of
    > us older farts. My friends list is basically all 50+ with the
    > exception of a few nieces/nephews. Dozens of the pictures
    > taken are already up and shared by those attending, and
    > there is no way (that I've found) that makes it easier to keep
    > in touch and share those things. I used to post pics to a
    > photobucket account, but even then, you'd have to send out
    > numerous notifications to those you wish to share with. FB
    > just simplifies all that. And according to your privacy settings,
    > you can keep it from totally muted to a dull roar to wide open.
    > It just takes a little 'tweaking'. Good luck. :)

    <smile> Being from the class of 47 I consider you as part of the
    younger generation, :) I'll get all set one of these days as I am in
    no big hurry. Thanks for the tips & tricks.

    OldGringo38, Mar 16, 2010
  7. G. Morgan

    83LowRider Guest

    "OldGringo38" wrote

    > <smile> Being from the class of 47 I consider you as part of the younger
    > generation, :) I'll get all set one of these days as I am in no big
    > hurry. Thanks for the tips & tricks.

    Well, as my 'class' has gotten so much smaller over the years,
    surely yours would be a cinch to manage..! Of the ones still
    kickin', you're probably one of the rare few that are online. <g>

    Kudos to you for even owning a computer and knowing
    what USENET or FB is. Most of my older friends see
    a computer as the work of the devil.

    (while all along, those of us in the know realize 'he' only
    posts here) :eek:p

    83LowRider, Mar 16, 2010
  8. G. Morgan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Manatee Memories Post:
    > On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:05:31 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote, by way of
    > <hnorqt$n7b$-september.org>, in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk -->::
    >
    > <....>
    >> Being from the class of 47

    > <....>
    >
    > Whoa. You _are_ (as Rush occasionally puts it) a "seasoned citizen"<g>!

    Well seasoned. :)

    OldGringo38, Mar 16, 2010
  9. G. Morgan

    Jenn Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > OldGringo38 asked about the magic carpet. Remember?
    >
    > **
    >
    > I was walking down the road when I saw an Afghan bloke standing on a
    > fifth floor balcony shaking a carpet.
    >
    > I shouted up to him, "What's up Abdul, won't it start? :)

    LOL

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Mar 16, 2010
  10. G. Morgan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:

    OldGringo38, Mar 16, 2010
  11. G. Morgan

    Jenn Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:
    >> OldGringo38 asked about the magic carpet. Remember?
    >>
    >> **
    >>
    >> I was walking down the road when I saw an Afghan bloke standing on a
    >> fifth floor balcony shaking a carpet.
    >>
    >> I shouted up to him, "What's up Abdul, won't it start? :)

    > LOL

    hey .. did you copy my answer? I said the same thing. :D hahaaaaaaaaahah

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Mar 17, 2010
  12. G. Morgan

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:
    >>> OldGringo38 asked about the magic carpet. Remember?
    >>>
    >>> **
    >>>
    >>> I was walking down the road when I saw an Afghan bloke standing on a
    >>> fifth floor balcony shaking a carpet.
    >>>
    >>> I shouted up to him, "What's up Abdul, won't it start? :)

    >> LOL

    > hey .. did you copy my answer? I said the same thing. :D hahaaaaaaaaahah

    When Jenn laughs, the whole world laughs. <g>

    OldGringo38, Mar 17, 2010
  13. G. Morgan

    Jenn Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Jenn Post:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added
    >>> My Two Cents To The ~BD~ Post:

    >>> LOL

    >> hey .. did you copy my answer? I said the same thing. :D hahaaaaaaaaahah

    > When Jenn laughs, the whole world laughs. <g>

    awe ... nice thing to say. :D

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    http://pqlr.org/bbs/