old gringo...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by CheechWizard, May 22, 2005.

  1. CheechWizard

    CheechWizard Guest

    ....i need yer advice...i wish to copy dvds for my own use..
    well chunk in a relative or 2...

    ...my old 'puter finally sucked off its infernal usage...i mean
    after 7 years...the junk needed to go...and i would bet
    'goodwill' won't even accept its carcas...heh.....but to the issues...i recently purchased a dell inspiron 1200...nice
    puter...1.3 g-hurts..cr-rw/dvd player ( in fact i stole its
    virginity with the flick 'scarey movie 2'...damn wayans
    family are insane....and i luv'em...

    so...please give me the 'skinny' regarding copying dvds...i have seen ads for dvd-rws n they state 'cannot duplicate
    pre-recorded'...

    ....one can copy cassettes, vhs, xerox paper, etc...for one's personell use only...

    ....what is the straight poop??...i am sure after the psychos chastize my ass for no other reason than the insecure bi-polar predicament that generally eats at their soul...

    i was thinking of a cheap iomega dvd burner...what is your
    opinion??...

    peace
    CheechWizard, May 22, 2005

  2. CheechWizard

    Old Gringo Guest

    CheechWizard wrote:
    > ...i need yer advice...i wish to copy dvds for my own use..
    > well chunk in a relative or 2...
    >
    > ..my old 'puter finally sucked off its infernal usage...i mean
    > after 7 years...the junk needed to go...and i would bet
    > 'goodwill' won't even accept its carcas...heh.....but to the issues...i
    > recently purchased a dell inspiron 1200...nice
    > puter...1.3 g-hurts..cr-rw/dvd player ( in fact i stole its
    > virginity with the flick 'scarey movie 2'...damn wayans
    > family are insane....and i luv'em...
    >
    > so...please give me the 'skinny' regarding copying dvds...i have seen
    > ads for dvd-rws n they state 'cannot duplicate
    > pre-recorded'...
    >
    > ...one can copy cassettes, vhs, xerox paper, etc...for one's personell
    > use only...
    >
    > ...what is the straight poop??...i am sure after the psychos chastize my
    > ass for no other reason than the insecure bi-polar predicament that
    > generally eats at their soul...
    >
    > i was thinking of a cheap iomega dvd burner...what is your
    > opinion??...
    >
    > peace

    O M G Sorry as hell, I have no clue about coping, players, or any of
    the above. Sorry Man... :) Good luck in your quest.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, May 22, 2005

  3. Blinky the Shark, May 22, 2005
  4. CheechWizard

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    CheechWizard wrote:

    what is your
    > opinion??...

    That you post again using plain text, and preferably in English.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 22, 2005
  5. CheechWizard

    Voltardo Guest

    CheechWizard wrote:

    >...i need yer advice...i wish to copy dvds for my own use..
    >well chunk in a relative or 2...
    >
    >..my old 'puter finally sucked off its infernal usage...i mean
    >after 7 years...the junk needed to go...and i would bet
    >'goodwill' won't even accept its carcas...heh.....but to the issues...i recently purchased a dell inspiron 1200...nice
    >puter...1.3 g-hurts..cr-rw/dvd player ( in fact i stole its
    >virginity with the flick 'scarey movie 2'...damn wayans
    >family are insane....and i luv'em...
    >
    >so...please give me the 'skinny' regarding copying dvds...i have seen ads for dvd-rws n they state 'cannot duplicate
    >pre-recorded'...
    >
    >...one can copy cassettes, vhs, xerox paper, etc...for one's personell use only...
    >
    >...what is the straight poop??...i am sure after the psychos chastize my ass for no other reason than the insecure bi-polar predicament that generally eats at their soul...
    >
    >i was thinking of a cheap iomega dvd burner...what is your
    >opinion??...
    >
    >peace

    DVDs are recorded with a number embedded for each of three world areas,
    supposedly to stop pirates from copying in say, China, and exporting
    them to buyers in another zone.
    Voltardo, May 22, 2005
  6. CheechWizard

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Voltardo wrote:

    > DVDs are recorded with a number embedded for each of three world areas,
    > supposedly to stop pirates from copying in say, China, and exporting
    > them to buyers in another zone.

    Er. No. The reason for region coding is to control the release of
    DVDs in the various reasons, and there are more than three areas.

    0 No Region Coding
    1 United States of America, Canada
    2 Europe, including France, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Arabia, Japan and
    South Africa
    3 Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Borneo and Indonesia
    4 Australia and New Zealand, Mexico, the Caribbean, and South America
    5 India, Africa, Russia and former USSR countries
    6 Peoples Republic of China
    7 Unused
    8 Airlines/Cruise Ships
    9 Expansion (often used as region free)

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 22, 2005
  7. CheechWizard

    Fred Kasner Guest

    Voltardo wrote:
    > CheechWizard wrote:
    >
    >> ...i need yer advice...i wish to copy dvds for my own use..
    >> well chunk in a relative or 2...
    >>
    >> ..my old 'puter finally sucked off its infernal usage...i mean
    >> after 7 years...the junk needed to go...and i would bet 'goodwill'
    >> won't even accept its carcas...heh.....but to the issues...i recently
    >> purchased a dell inspiron 1200...nice
    >> puter...1.3 g-hurts..cr-rw/dvd player ( in fact i stole its virginity
    >> with the flick 'scarey movie 2'...damn wayans
    >> family are insane....and i luv'em...
    >>
    >> so...please give me the 'skinny' regarding copying dvds...i have seen
    >> ads for dvd-rws n they state 'cannot duplicate
    >> pre-recorded'...
    >>
    >> ...one can copy cassettes, vhs, xerox paper, etc...for one's personell
    >> use only...
    >>
    >> ...what is the straight poop??...i am sure after the psychos chastize
    >> my ass for no other reason than the insecure bi-polar predicament that
    >> generally eats at their soul...
    >>
    >> i was thinking of a cheap iomega dvd burner...what is your opinion??...
    >>
    >> peace
    >>

    > DVDs are recorded with a number embedded for each of three world areas,
    > supposedly to stop pirates from copying in say, China, and exporting
    > them to buyers in another zone.

    The commecial DVDs can also (usually are) be encrypted. You can look in
    Google for the pgm DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. The former will remove
    the dccryption as well as adjust the zone code for where you live or
    leave it without any zone code at all. The latter will take a double
    layer commerical disk (after decryting it) and make it fit on a single
    DVD disk. Loss of some quality is involved but if it is a good DVD to
    begin with the shrunk version will look quite good. I copy most of my
    commercial DVDs so I don't "lose" them if they get scratched or
    otherwise damaged. Save the original and play the copies usually. And
    don't give them to anyone else.
    FK
    Fred Kasner, May 22, 2005