    is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
    with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.

    Frank

    Praetorius, Sep 24, 2004

  2. In article <zlM4d.421821$>,
    Praetorius says...

    > Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP Home),
    > is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
    > with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.

    It shouldn't be a problem.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    Norman Miller, Sep 24, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Fri,
    24 Sep 2004 03:17:51 GMT, "Praetorius"
    <> screamed from behind the mulberry
    bush:

    >Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP Home),
    >is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
    >with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.

    No.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Praetorius

    Ionizer Guest

    "Praetorius" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP

    Home),
    > is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
    > with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.

    If you need XP drivers for it, they are available here:
    http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR/Z01031/Z01031nv.shtml

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Praetorius

    Hamman Guest

    > Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP Home),
    > is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
    > with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.
    >
    > Frank

    None other than it might be getting a bit crappy. Dell only chard something
    like £20 for a new screen anyway.

    hamman

    Hamman, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Praetorius

    Praetorius Guest

    Ionizer wrote:
    > Praetorius:
    > > Sorry if this is a dumb question. If I get a Dell 4700 (Windows XP

    > Home),
    > > is there any reason (drivers?) that I can't use my Gateway VX700 monitor
    > > with it (purchased in 1999, running on a W98 system)? TIA.
    > >

    > If you need XP drivers for it, they are available here:
    > http://support.gateway.com/s/MONITOR/Z01031/Z01031nv.shtml

    Thanks to all for your responses.

    Frank

    Praetorius, Sep 26, 2004