OLD Game list

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by William Brown, Oct 2, 2010.

  1. Dungeon Keeper
    Silent Hunter
    Prisoner of Ice
    Star Rangers
    Darker
    Antaeus Rissing
    MS Flight Sim
    Thexder
    System Shock
    MDK CD Only
    Teminal Velocity CD Only
    Swiv CD only
    Janes AH-64D Longbow CD only, Might have Manual
    X WING wars
    Wing Commander II Delux
    Wing Commander Privateer
    SIM CITY
    colin mcrae rally 4
    Janes FIGHTERS Anthology
    Buried in Time
    Battle ZONE
    Strike COMMANDER
    System SHOCK
    3D Pinball
    FLIGHT II
    Janes 688(I) Hunter/killer
    Flight Unlimited
    William Brown, Oct 2, 2010

  2. William Brown

    Dave Taylor Guest

    William Brown <> wrote in

    > Dungeon Keeper
    > Silent Hunter
    > Prisoner of Ice
    > Star Rangers
    > Darker
    > Antaeus Rissing
    > MS Flight Sim
    > Thexder
    > System Shock
    > MDK CD Only
    > Teminal Velocity CD Only
    > Swiv CD only
    > Janes AH-64D Longbow CD only, Might have Manual
    > X WING wars
    > Wing Commander II Delux
    > Wing Commander Privateer
    > SIM CITY
    > colin mcrae rally 4
    > Janes FIGHTERS Anthology
    > Buried in Time
    > Battle ZONE
    > Strike COMMANDER
    > System SHOCK
    > 3D Pinball
    > FLIGHT II
    > Janes 688(I) Hunter/killer
    > Flight Unlimited

    Thanks for posting the list. 3D Pinball was great when it came out.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Oct 2, 2010

  3. William Brown

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Taylor wrote:
    > William Brown <> wrote in
    >>
    >> Dungeon Keeper
    >> Silent Hunter
    >> Prisoner of Ice
    >> Star Rangers
    >> Darker
    >> Antaeus Rissing
    >> MS Flight Sim
    >> Thexder
    >> System Shock
    >> MDK CD Only
    >> Teminal Velocity CD Only
    >> Swiv CD only
    >> Janes AH-64D Longbow CD only, Might have Manual
    >> X WING wars
    >> Wing Commander II Delux
    >> Wing Commander Privateer
    >> SIM CITY
    >> colin mcrae rally 4
    >> Janes FIGHTERS Anthology
    >> Buried in Time
    >> Battle ZONE
    >> Strike COMMANDER
    >> System SHOCK
    >> 3D Pinball
    >> FLIGHT II
    >> Janes 688(I) Hunter/killer
    >> Flight Unlimited

    > Thanks for posting the list. 3D Pinball was great when it came out.

    Thanks for replying untrimmed Dave.

    Dungeon Keeper (and its expansion, Deeper Dungeons) used up many, many hours
    of my life. I haven't played it for about 18 months but will likely play it
    again at some point.
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
    ~misfit~, Oct 2, 2010
  4. William Brown

    BrianM Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 16:30:27 +1300, William Brown wrote:

    > Dungeon Keeper
    > Silent Hunter
    > Prisoner of Ice
    > Star Rangers
    > Darker
    > Antaeus Rissing
    > MS Flight Sim
    > Thexder
    > System Shock
    > MDK CD Only
    > Teminal Velocity CD Only
    > Swiv CD only
    > Janes AH-64D Longbow CD only, Might have Manual X WING wars
    > Wing Commander II Delux
    > Wing Commander Privateer
    > SIM CITY
    > colin mcrae rally 4
    > Janes FIGHTERS Anthology
    > Buried in Time
    > Battle ZONE
    > Strike COMMANDER
    > System SHOCK
    > 3D Pinball
    > FLIGHT II
    > Janes 688(I) Hunter/killer
    > Flight Unlimited

    MDK was the weirdest I'd ever played, and I loved WCII - think I played it
    on a 486 DX4-100. Doubt it would run on todays fast hardware.

    cheers
    BrianM
    BrianM, Oct 3, 2010
  5. In article <>, BrianM <> wrote:
    (snip)

    >MDK was the weirdest I'd ever played, and I loved WCII - think I played it
    >on a 486 DX4-100. Doubt it would run on todays fast hardware.

    I remember a complete game of populous running in about 3 minutes on
    newer h/w. :) ... yet there are often ways to make it work. Moslo helped
    with that. Dos box can also be your friend.
    That typed, many of the old games used to address h/w directly and not all
    play nicely when asked to behave.
    Of course, some of the newer games have their foibles too. I just got
    neverwinter nights 2 running on an old XP machine. It needs 3D (or at least,
    won't work without it despite that not being mentioned on the box :) ) ...
    but with the interweb thingy and a very useful 800 k download called 3D
    analyse, I managed to fool it. A bit slow ... but it works.

    Now, anyone know how to get master of magic working on either an XP machine
    or linux 7.10 or 10.4 ? :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 4, 2010
  6. In article <i8b3d6$m87$-september.org>,
    z says...

    > Now, anyone know how to get master of magic working on either an XP machine
    > or linux 7.10 or 10.4 ? :)

    I've had MoM running fine under XP. Possibly under dosbox, but maybe not,
    it's bee a good long while. The trick is not to use the loader, but to
    use the other exe flile in that directory to start the game (wizards.exe
    or some such).
    {goes to do some snooping}
    I just checked, and it doesn't run directly under xp pro. I get it running with
    dosbox and a dosbox front-end called "D-Fend v2". Wizards.exe bypasses some
    hardware checks and the copy protection and attempts to go straight to your
    last saved game (continue function) but you can always go to menu from there and
    start a new game if you so desire. Don't think I ever got magic.com or magic.exe
    to work even under dosbox.

    h.t.h. -P.
    Peter Huebner, Oct 4, 2010
  7. In article <>, Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    >In article <i8b3d6$m87$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Now, anyone know how to get master of magic working on either an XP machine
    >> or linux 7.10 or 10.4 ? :)

    >I've had MoM running fine under XP. Possibly under dosbox, but maybe not,
    >it's bee a good long while. The trick is not to use the loader, but to
    >use the other exe flile in that directory to start the game (wizards.exe
    >or some such).
    >{goes to do some snooping}
    >I just checked, and it doesn't run directly under xp pro. I get it running with
    >dosbox and a dosbox front-end called "D-Fend v2". Wizards.exe bypasses some
    >hardware checks and the copy protection and attempts to go straight to your
    >last saved game (continue function) but you can always go to menu from there
    > and
    >start a new game if you so desire. Don't think I ever got magic.com or
    > magic.exe
    >to work even under dosbox.
    >
    >h.t.h. -P.

    ... <surprised look> Well, ask and ye shall receive they say. :)
    Thanks a heap for the info. I will have a play - after all, it can't be any
    worse than it is now (ie not going). :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Oct 5, 2010