Old Fogey Reminiscences

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
    over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
    > over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

    We didn't type our programs, we engraved them on granite.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Tax is not theft.
    Enkidu, Sep 19, 2008

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-09-19, Enkidu <> wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > >
    >> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
    >> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...
    > >

    > We didn't type our programs, we engraved them on granite.

    Cardboard, I could believe, but granite? :)

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen
    Jasen Betts, Sep 20, 2008
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-09-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
    > over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

    Oh the wit
    Gordon, Sep 20, 2008
  5. On 20 Sep 2008 06:42:29 GMT, Gordon <> wrote in

    > On 2008-09-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
    >> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

    > Oh the wit

    Pity the vocabularily bereft.

    OMGAWGTHTGTATA?

    --
    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Sep 20, 2008
  6. Gordon wrote:

    > On 2008-09-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
    >> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

    > Oh the wit

    I knew a family named De Witt.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 20, 2008
  7. On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:09:26 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote in

    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-09-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I wouldn't say things were slower back in the old days, but instead of
    >>> over-clocking, we had over-calendaring...

    >> Oh the wit

    > I knew a family named De Witt.

    Their pills turned your pee bright green.

    --
    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Sep 20, 2008