  1. m Ransley

    m Ransley Guest

    What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

    m Ransley, May 23, 2004

  2. m Ransley

    Tom Monego Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

    Pictures, if it has been stored in a indoor environment they should be OK, but
    with some color shifts, in a fridge or freezer it will be fine. In your car,
    don't expect much. Needless to say I wouldn't do anything critical with it. Let
    us know what you get.

    Tom

    Tom Monego, May 23, 2004

  3. m Ransley

    Don Guest

    I once had a roll of Kodachrome processed that I found in an old camera of
    mine. I finished the roll, which had to have been in the camera for about 6
    years. The new frames I shot looked very good. The latent images that were
    already on the film came out, but were badly faded and lacked detail. The
    latent images had pictures shot at two different Christmases!

    I would not expect Ektachrome to fare as well. Unless you're just curious,
    I would toss it and buy a new roll. The cost of a new roll vice the cost of
    processing a bad roll probably isn't worth it

    Don

    Don, May 23, 2004
  4. m Ransley

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    m Ransley wrote:
    > What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

    Pictures of people much younger than their current age...

    Anyone got any film left over from the 40's? :)

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, May 23, 2004
  5. "m Ransley" <> wrote ...
    > What will I get if I use Ektachrome 100 that expired in 97 .

    M.R.-

    There is a lesson to learned here. It reminds me of the time someone told me
    that you could shoot Ektachrome and have it developed as a negative using the
    Kodacolor process. I tried it and it worked. Although the color left
    something to be desired, it wasn't bad. (No telling what the Ektachrome may
    have done to the lab's chemicals.)

    Go ahead and try it, but use a different camera with fresh film for any
    important shots. If the roll is already partially exposed, go ahead and
    develop it. If they are important, degraded shots may be better than none.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, May 24, 2004
  6. m Ransley

    Caleb Thomas Guest

    I think Ektachrome still goes pretty blue when it has some age on it.

    When processed in C41 it will develop as a negative but it won't have
    the normal orange mask so it will be really hard to correct the color
    when printing.

    Ben

    Caleb Thomas, May 24, 2004