    run the game with that but still no sounds. The game installer states
    that DMA interrupt number isn't correct but I don't have much of an
    idea what this is or what it should be. Thanks.

    Jennifer, Aug 1, 2006

  2. Jennifer

    Ingeborg Guest

    Did you try dosbox? <http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/>

    Ingeborg, Aug 1, 2006

  3. Jennifer

    Jennifer Guest

    What is DOSbox? I really do know nothing about any of this.

    Jennifer, Aug 1, 2006
  4. Jennifer

    Ingeborg Guest

    Jennifer wrote:

    > What is DOSbox? I really do know nothing about any of this.

    It's a virtual machine running dos, which main purpose is to run (old) dos
    games on computers which don't run dos. (XP, but also Linux, Mac OS and
    others.) Dune should run fine.
    <http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?letter=D>

    Ingeborg, Aug 1, 2006
  5. Jennifer

    Jennifer Guest

    For anyone who cares- it's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jennifer, Aug 1, 2006
  6. Jennifer

    The Doctor Guest

    "Jennifer" <> wrote in message
    > For anyone who cares- it's
    > working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    A better response would be to publish what you did to make
    it work.

    The Doctor, Aug 1, 2006
  7. Jennifer

    Jennifer Guest

    If you were so smart you would know. I downloaded DOSbox, just like the
    man suggested. Thanks for your input.

    Jennifer, Aug 1, 2006
  8. Jennifer

    Jennifer, Aug 1, 2006
  9. Jennifer

    Jennifer, Aug 1, 2006
  10. Jennifer

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-08-01, Jennifer <> wrote:
    > If you were so smart you would know. I downloaded DOSbox, just like the
    > man suggested. Thanks for your input.

    And you made your point, in triplicate!

    --
    A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
    in than some that do. -- Dennis M. Ritchie

    Jimchip, Aug 1, 2006
  11. Jennifer

    richard Guest

    "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-08-01, Jennifer <> wrote:
    >> If you were so smart you would know. I downloaded DOSbox, just like the
    >> man suggested. Thanks for your input.

    > And you made your point, in triplicate!

    Most likely the server liked the idea so much it had to repeat it 3 times.

    richard, Aug 2, 2006