    programs but some of them crash or they have garbage for text. Any
    idea what's going on. I even played with the program DOS's settings in
    the ICON running settings.

    Mr.G (@¿@), Jan 10, 2009

  2. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    The hook Guest

    Mr.G (@¿@) <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Hi and I got some old DOS game that are not playing. I installed
    > Windows 95 then 98 on an od machine I used to play them on and even
    > bought and old ATI video card that was said was able to play DOS
    > programs but some of them crash or they have garbage for text. Any
    > idea what's going on. I even played with the program DOS's settings in
    > the ICON running settings.

    http://www.dosbox.com/

    Google is your frined.

    The hook, Jan 10, 2009

  3. Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:
    > Hi and I got some old DOS game that are not playing. I installed
    > Windows 95 then 98 on an od machine I used to play them on and even
    > bought and old ATI video card that was said was able to play DOS
    > programs but some of them crash or they have garbage for text. Any
    > idea what's going on. I even played with the program DOS's settings in
    > the ICON running settings.

    Try playing them from dos as opposed to a dos window.
    Start> Restart in MS-DOS mode

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 10, 2009
  4. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    Mr.G (@¿@) Guest

    On Jan 10, 10:54 am, "The hook" <> wrote:
    > Mr.G (@¿@) <> wrote in messagenews::
    >
    > > Hi and I got some old DOS game that are not playing. I installed
    > > Windows 95 then 98 on an od machine I used to play them on and even
    > > bought and old ATI video card that was said was able to play DOS
    > > programs but some of them crash or they have garbage for text. Any
    > > idea what's going on. I even played with the program DOS's settings in
    > > the ICON running settings.

    > http://www.dosbox.com/
    >
    > Google is your frined.

    hi and I got that dosbox and only one or two games had the text
    unsramples. It did not run the one I wanted. btw do know about a dpmi
    I got some info on it but how important is it. thanks again

    Mr.G (@¿@), Jan 12, 2009
  5. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    Mr.G (@¿@) Guest

    On Jan 10, 5:17 pm, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:
    > Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:
    > > Hi and I got some old DOS game that are not playing. I installed
    > > Windows 95 then 98 on an od machine I used to play them on and even
    > > bought and old ATI video card that was said was able to play DOS
    > > programs but some of them crash or they have garbage for text. Any
    > > idea what's going on. I even played with the program DOS's settings in
    > > the ICON running settings.

    > Try playing them from dos as opposed to a dos window.
    > Start> Restart in MS-DOS mode
    >
    > HTH

    thanks and I tried that. Do you know about an dpmi? Did you ever run a
    BLAKE STONE ALIANS OF GOLD?

    Mr.G (@¿@), Jan 12, 2009
  6. Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:
    > On Jan 10, 5:17 pm, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:
    >> Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:
    >>> Hi and I got some old DOS game that are not playing. I installed
    >>> Windows 95 then 98 on an od machine I used to play them on and even
    >>> bought and old ATI video card that was said was able to play DOS
    >>> programs but some of them crash or they have garbage for text. Any
    >>> idea what's going on. I even played with the program DOS's settings in
    >>> the ICON running settings.

    >> Try playing them from dos as opposed to a dos window.
    >> Start> Restart in MS-DOS mode
    >>
    >> HTH

    > thanks and I tried that. Do you know about an dpmi? Did you ever run a
    > BLAKE STONE ALIANS OF GOLD?

    Nope, played altered beast on an emulator though...heres a link to
    Aliens of Gold info on emulation:
    http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/bstone.htm

    AS for dpmi...this look like it would help you:
    http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/dosextenders.shtml

    Ok! We're done here :)

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 12, 2009
  7. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    DNA Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in message

    > Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:
    >>> Try playing them from dos as opposed to a dos window.
    >>> Start> Restart in MS-DOS mode
    >>>
    >>> HTH

    >> thanks and I tried that. Do you know about an dpmi? Did you ever run
    >> a BLAKE STONE ALIANS OF GOLD?

    > Nope, played altered beast on an emulator though...heres a link to
    > Aliens of Gold info on emulation:
    > http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/bstone.htm
    >
    > AS for dpmi...this look like it would help you:
    > http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/dosextenders.shtml
    >
    > Ok! We're done here :)

    LOL Did you see a relationship blossoming there? hehehe

    DNA, Jan 12, 2009
  8. DNA wrote:
    > §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:

    >>> thanks and I tried that. Do you know about an dpmi? Did you ever run
    >>> a BLAKE STONE ALIANS OF GOLD?

    >> Nope, played altered beast on an emulator though...heres a link to
    >> Aliens of Gold info on emulation:
    >> http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/bstone.htm
    >>
    >> AS for dpmi...this look like it would help you:
    >> http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/dosextenders.shtml
    >>
    >> Ok! We're done here :)

    > LOL Did you see a relationship blossoming there? hehehe

    No...I just didnt want to read any more about "Dos PRotected Mode"...

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 13, 2009
  9. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    DNA Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in message

    > DNA wrote:
    >> §ñühw¤£f <> wrote in message

    >>> Nope, played altered beast on an emulator though...heres a link to
    >>> Aliens of Gold info on emulation:
    >>> http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/bstone.htm
    >>>
    >>> AS for dpmi...this look like it would help you:
    >>> http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/dosextenders.shtml
    >>>
    >>> Ok! We're done here :)

    >> LOL Did you see a relationship blossoming there? hehehe

    > No...I just didnt want to read any more about "Dos PRotected Mode"...

    Interlude:

    "... Like walking in the rain and the snow
    When there's nowhere to go
    And you're feelin' like a part of you is dying... "

    DNA, Jan 13, 2009
  10. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    Mr.G (@¿@) Guest

    On Jan 12, 4:44 pm, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:
    > Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:
    > >> Try playing them from dos as opposed to a dos window.
    > >> Start> Restart in MS-DOS mode

    > >> HTH

    > > thanks and I tried that. Do you know about an dpmi? Did you ever run a
    > > BLAKE STONE ALIANS OF GOLD?

    > Nope, played altered beast on an emulator though...heres a link to
    > Aliens of Gold info on emulation:http://members.chello.at/theodor.lauppert/games/bstone.htm
    >
    > AS for dpmi...this look like it would help you:http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/dosextenders.shtml
    >
    > Ok! We're done here :)

    first let me say thanks for all the help everyone has given me. Now I
    have to say I got a fresh copy of BLAKE STONE ALLIENS OF GOLD and it
    ran! Hate to admit my copy was corrupted. Thanks again and I also
    found WOLFVERINE another great game from ID before Quake and Doom. c-ya

    Mr.G (@¿@), Jan 18, 2009