Old certification track vs new certification track.

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Barkley Hughes, Jun 2, 2006.

  1. I need to take one more test to complete my MCAD certification. Right before
    I took my last exam I got sent over seas by the military and have been gone a
    year. Since then VS 2005 has been delivered and I understand the tests have
    changed. My question is do I have to retake the two exams I have completed?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    --
    Barkley Hughes
    Barkley Hughes, Jun 2, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Barkley Hughes

    Boomer Guest

    You do not have to retake the two exams. You can complete the MCAD
    certification with the VS 2003 exams and then updgrade to MCPD: Web Developer
    or MCPD: Windows Developer (new certs for VS 2005) by taking the appropriate
    exam (70-551 or 70-552). Hope this helps. Good luck with your MCAD prep.

    "Barkley Hughes" wrote:

    > I need to take one more test to complete my MCAD certification. Right before
    > I took my last exam I got sent over seas by the military and have been gone a
    > year. Since then VS 2005 has been delivered and I understand the tests have
    > changed. My question is do I have to retake the two exams I have completed?
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    > --
    > Barkley Hughes
    Boomer, Jun 2, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Boomer, thank you very much you have been a great help.
    --
    Barkley Hughes


    "Boomer" wrote:

    > You do not have to retake the two exams. You can complete the MCAD
    > certification with the VS 2003 exams and then updgrade to MCPD: Web Developer
    > or MCPD: Windows Developer (new certs for VS 2005) by taking the appropriate
    > exam (70-551 or 70-552). Hope this helps. Good luck with your MCAD prep.
    >
    > "Barkley Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > I need to take one more test to complete my MCAD certification. Right before
    > > I took my last exam I got sent over seas by the military and have been gone a
    > > year. Since then VS 2005 has been delivered and I understand the tests have
    > > changed. My question is do I have to retake the two exams I have completed?
    > > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    > > --
    > > Barkley Hughes
    Barkley Hughes, Jun 2, 2006
    #3
  4. Barkley Hughes

    Boomer Guest

    You're welcome. The following link has info on the different upgrade options
    available:

    http://vishaljoshi.blogspot.com/2006/05/dynamics-of-vs-2005-upgrade-exams_03.html

    "Barkley Hughes" wrote:

    > Boomer, thank you very much you have been a great help.
    > --
    > Barkley Hughes
    >
    >
    > "Boomer" wrote:
    >
    > > You do not have to retake the two exams. You can complete the MCAD
    > > certification with the VS 2003 exams and then updgrade to MCPD: Web Developer
    > > or MCPD: Windows Developer (new certs for VS 2005) by taking the appropriate
    > > exam (70-551 or 70-552). Hope this helps. Good luck with your MCAD prep.
    > >
    > > "Barkley Hughes" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I need to take one more test to complete my MCAD certification. Right before
    > > > I took my last exam I got sent over seas by the military and have been gone a
    > > > year. Since then VS 2005 has been delivered and I understand the tests have
    > > > changed. My question is do I have to retake the two exams I have completed?
    > > > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    > > > --
    > > > Barkley Hughes
    Boomer, Jun 3, 2006
    #4
  5. Barkley Hughes

    Boomer Guest

    This link has more details:
    http://vishaljoshi.blogspot.com/2006/04/dynamics-of-vs-2005-upgrade-exams.html

    "Boomer" wrote:

    > You're welcome. The following link has info on the different upgrade options
    > available:
    >
    > http://vishaljoshi.blogspot.com/2006/05/dynamics-of-vs-2005-upgrade-exams_03.html
    >
    > "Barkley Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > Boomer, thank you very much you have been a great help.
    > > --
    > > Barkley Hughes
    > >
    > >
    > > "Boomer" wrote:
    > >
    > > > You do not have to retake the two exams. You can complete the MCAD
    > > > certification with the VS 2003 exams and then updgrade to MCPD: Web Developer
    > > > or MCPD: Windows Developer (new certs for VS 2005) by taking the appropriate
    > > > exam (70-551 or 70-552). Hope this helps. Good luck with your MCAD prep.
    > > >
    > > > "Barkley Hughes" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > I need to take one more test to complete my MCAD certification. Right before
    > > > > I took my last exam I got sent over seas by the military and have been gone a
    > > > > year. Since then VS 2005 has been delivered and I understand the tests have
    > > > > changed. My question is do I have to retake the two exams I have completed?
    > > > > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    > > > > --
    > > > > Barkley Hughes
    Boomer, Jun 3, 2006
    #5
  6. Barkley Hughes

    Keyboard Guest

    Hey Barkley,

    I just wanted to say thanks for defending the freedom.

    --
    Mike MCAD


    "Barkley Hughes" wrote:

    > I need to take one more test to complete my MCAD certification. Right before
    > I took my last exam I got sent over seas by the military and have been gone a
    > year. Since then VS 2005 has been delivered and I understand the tests have
    > changed. My question is do I have to retake the two exams I have completed?
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    > --
    > Barkley Hughes
    Keyboard, Nov 12, 2006
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Al
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    453
    Leigh Kendall
    Oct 3, 2003
  2. Sandeep

    Help about MCSD on Old Track

    Sandeep, Apr 30, 2004, in forum: MCSD
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    404
    Cindy Winegarden
    May 1, 2004
  3. Deano

    new hard disk on old, old pc

    Deano, Oct 21, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    671
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c3VwZXJtYW4=?=

    upgrade from old track MCSD

    =?Utf-8?B?c3VwZXJtYW4=?=, Jul 13, 2006, in forum: MCSD
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    393
    CaffieneRush
    Jul 13, 2006
  5. D@Z

    insert track reference in mp3 track

    D@Z, May 2, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    815
    Shel-hed
    May 2, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page