    can not get the right command line.. Can someone show the correct way
    to set the time and date on this switch

    Thanks
    gene martinez, Sep 9, 2006

  2. gene martinez

    Merv Guest

    If the switch is using IOS then try clock set

    test#clock set 11:59:00 09 Sep 2006
    test#sh clock
    11:59:03.359 UTC Sat Sep 9 2006
    Merv, Sep 9, 2006

  3. Hi Gene,

    set time

    Use the set time command to change the time of day in the system clock.

    set time [ day_of_week ] [ mm/dd/yy ] [ hh:mm:ss ]

    Syntax Description

    day_of_week (Optional) The day of the week.

    mm/dd/yy (Optional) The month, day, and year.

    hh:mm:ss (Optional) The current time in 24-hour format.

    This command has no default setting.

    Command Mode

    Privileged.

    Example

    The following example shows how to set the system clock to Wednesday,
    May 17, 1995 at
    1:25:55 p.m.:

    Console> (enable) set time wed 5/17/95 13:25:55
    Wed Feb 22 1995, 13:25:55
    Console> (enable)

    Related Command

    show time

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ide_chapter09186a008007f1af.html#xtocid366380

    Old Cisco Switch Technical Documentation:

    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-technical.htm#SWITCHES

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
    http://www.bradreese.com/hot-jobs.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-resumes.htm
    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 9, 2006
  4. "Merv" <> wrote:

    >If the switch is using IOS then try clock set
    >
    >test#clock set 11:59:00 09 Sep 2006
    >test#sh clock
    >11:59:03.359 UTC Sat Sep 9 2006

    THANKS worked great... If it's not running IOS what would it be
    running???
    gene martinez, Sep 10, 2006
  5. "www.BradReese.Com" <> wrote:

    >Hi Gene,
    >
    >set time
    >
    >Use the set time command to change the time of day in the system clock.
    >

    >set time [ day_of_week ] [ mm/dd/yy ] [ hh:mm:ss ]
    >
    >Syntax Description
    >
    >day_of_week (Optional) The day of the week.
    >
    >mm/dd/yy (Optional) The month, day, and year.
    >
    >hh:mm:ss (Optional) The current time in 24-hour format.

    >This command has no default setting.
    >
    >Command Mode
    >
    >Privileged.
    >
    >Example
    >
    >The following example shows how to set the system clock to Wednesday,
    >May 17, 1995 at
    >1:25:55 p.m.:
    >
    >Console> (enable) set time wed 5/17/95 13:25:55
    >Wed Feb 22 1995, 13:25:55
    >Console> (enable)
    >
    >Related Command
    >
    >show time
    >
    >http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ide_chapter09186a008007f1af.html#xtocid366380
    >
    >Old Cisco Switch Technical Documentation:
    >
    >http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-technical.htm#SWITCHES
    >
    >Hope this helps.

    Thansk for all the info. Got it set.....
    gene martinez, Sep 10, 2006
  6. gene martinez

    Merv Guest

    > THANKS worked great... If it's not running IOS what would it be
    > running???

    CATOS
    Merv, Sep 10, 2006