    use of customers of tiscali. This doesn't happen with Outlook, or the
    newsgroup of Thunderbird 1.508. I have Windows XP Media Edition.
    PS....this wasn't happening yesterday.
    JJ, Jan 2, 2007

  2. JJ

    SteveG Guest

    JJ wrote:
    > I get this message when I try to send an email. Your host not permitted
    > to relay through this smtp server...smtp.tiscali.co.uk is for exclusive
    > use of customers of tiscali. This doesn't happen with Outlook, or the
    > newsgroup of Thunderbird 1.508. I have Windows XP Media Edition.
    > PS....this wasn't happening yesterday.

    JJ, it's not helpful to create multiple threads dealing with the same
    subject.

    Do you have a Tiscali account? Have you checked the settings for your
    account in Tools > Account Settings?

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Jan 2, 2007

  3. JJ

    Andy Luddy Guest

    JJ wrote:
    > I get this message when I try to send an email. Your host not permitted
    > to relay through this smtp server...smtp.tiscali.co.uk is for exclusive
    > use of customers of tiscali. This doesn't happen with Outlook, or the
    > newsgroup of Thunderbird 1.508. I have Windows XP Media Edition.
    > PS....this wasn't happening yesterday.

    When you compose the message, what is showing as your return address?
    The problem may be that tiscali is blocking messages that are not from a
    tiscali address. To avoid being blacklisted by anti-spam services as an
    open relay, tiscali may have tightened up their controls.

    --
    Andy Luddy
    Perform appendectomy to reply
    Andy Luddy, Jan 2, 2007
  4. JJ

    Jack Guest

    When I attempt to reply, I show....mail.comcast.net. I can receive mail and
    receive and send on the newsgroups. My Outlook works just fine. I turned off
    my Internet Security software and that also didn't help. I even changed the
    port number to 587. I do not have a Tiscali account. This all happened after
    I reformatted my hard drive.

    Jack, Jan 2, 2007
  5. JJ

    Jack Guest

    Andy Luddy wrote:
    > JJ wrote:
    >> I get this message when I try to send an email. Your host not
    >> permitted to relay through this smtp server...smtp.tiscali.co.uk is
    >> for exclusive use of customers of tiscali. This doesn't happen with
    >> Outlook, or the newsgroup of Thunderbird 1.508. I have Windows XP
    >> Media Edition. PS....this wasn't happening yesterday.

    > When you compose the message, what is showing as your return address?
    > The problem may be that tiscali is blocking messages that are not from a
    > tiscali address. To avoid being blacklisted by anti-spam services as an
    > open relay, tiscali may have tightened up their controls.

    Okay....my bad....I actually watching as my message tried to send...and
    it said...comast....yup....nice move by me!!!!
    Jack, Jan 2, 2007