    What does the acronym EOS stand for, in Canon's lineup? I tried finding out
    from Canon's website but couldn't find anything.

    GCW

    GCW, Aug 12, 2003

  2. GCW

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I don't think EOS is an acronym.
    EOS is the Greek goddess of dawn
    The Roman one is Aurora
    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 12, 2003

  3. GCW

    GCW Guest

    On 8/11/03 5:19 PM, in article ,
    "HRosita" <> wrote:

    > EOS is the Greek goddess of dawn

    Aha! I bet that's it. I too thought, Electrical Optic System or something
    like that, but it didn't make sense.

    Thanks! (I don't feel so dumb now!)

    GCW

    GCW, Aug 12, 2003
  4. GCW

    Mark M Guest

    ,
    > "HRosita" <> wrote:
    >
    > > EOS is the Greek goddess of dawn

    > Aha! I bet that's it. I too thought, Electrical Optic System or something
    > like that, but it didn't make sense.
    >
    > Thanks! (I don't feel so dumb now!)

    You're not any less dumb...just better informed.

    But take heart... You were likely not dumb to begin with, so you needn't
    worry about being MORE dumb. :)

    Mark M, Aug 12, 2003
  5. GCW

    Savidge4 Guest

    >I don't think EOS is an acronym.
    >EOS is the Greek goddess of dawn
    >The Roman one is Aurora

    I am goong to second that "EOS" is the greek Goddess of Dawn.

    and for a little added... did you know In the very early days Canon was named
    Kwanon, after the Buddhist goddess of mercy.

    Savidge4, Aug 12, 2003
  6. GCW

    JunkMonkey Guest

    Well. . . If you've ever been to Japan and read some of the really ODD
    English slogans printed on T-shirts that the kids wear, Electrical Optic
    System isn't THAT strange!

    JunkMonkey, Aug 12, 2003
  7. GCW

    Bill G. Guest

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:29:24 -0700, GCW <> wrote:

    >What does the acronym EOS stand for, in Canon's lineup? I tried finding out
    >from Canon's website but couldn't find anything.
    >
    >GCW

    EOS means "Electro-Optical System". This was taken from a 1987 EOS 650
    brochure.

    Bill G.

    Remove NoSpam from my email address if you reply using email

    Bill G., Aug 12, 2003
  8. GCW

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    EOS is "Electro-Optical-System - or was back in the 1980s when the system
    was introduced. EOS (or Eos) is also the goddess of the dawn - she of the
    rosy fingers, something that was also mentioned in the early advertising.
    Now EOS seems to simply be the name of the system.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 12, 2003
  9. GCW

    Bryce Guest

    Kinda like pencils that say "Mamma, I wanna be a bird".

    Bryce, Aug 12, 2003