    completely delete the contents of the Maxtor and use it for storage.
    Would I have to switch the hook up and delete the contents and try to
    install it as a new hard drive?

    bdeditch, Sep 24, 2005

  2. bdeditch wrote:
    > My daughter gave me a computer. When I got home I took the cover off
    > and noticed that it hard 2 hard drives, a Western Digital WD200BB and a
    > Maxtor 53073H4, only the maxtor was hooked up, well it seems that both
    > have Windows ME on them so of course there is a conflict if I try to
    > have both of them on the computer. My question is , is there any way to
    > completely delete the contents of the Maxtor and use it for storage.
    > Would I have to switch the hook up and delete the contents and try to
    > install it as a new hard drive?

    There is no logical reason for there to be a conflict simply because
    both have WinME installed, the computer will boot from the C: drive and
    that is that. If you have the jumpers set correctly, assuming they're
    both on the same data ribbon, the one you want to be the boot drive
    should be at the end of the cable and jumpered to "Master" or at least
    at the end of the cable and be set to "Cable Select. The other drive
    should be in the middle of the cable and set to either "Slave" or "Cable
    Select". Once you successfully boot up, it's your option to format the
    slave drive or delete selected items.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 24, 2005