    they're now going door to door everywhere? :-D

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jul 1, 2006

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (Jamie
    Kahn Genet) exclaimed:

    >Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
    >for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
    >with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
    >they're now going door to door everywhere? :-D
    >
    >Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.
    Fred Dagg, Jul 1, 2006

  3. On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (Jamie
    Kahn Genet) wrote:

    >Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
    >for $29.95.

    Was it Theresa Gattung?

    Patrick
    Patrick FitzGerald, Jul 1, 2006
  4. Jamie Kahn Genet

    MaHogany Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    > But are Telecom now so desperate
    > they're now going door to door everywhere? :-D

    Yes - it is.

    Ma Hogany

    --
    Q: How do I make Windows(TM) go faster?
    A: Throw it harder...
    MaHogany, Jul 1, 2006
  5. Jamie Kahn Genet

    XPD Guest

    "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message
    > Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
    > for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
    > with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
    > they're now going door to door everywhere? :-D

    Theyve always done door to door for all their services for as long as I can
    remember.
    But they seem to have cut back a bit since the dodgy cellphone scam that was
    going on with them a few years back.

    --
    XPD^
    http://www.xpd.co.nz/
    XPD, Jul 1, 2006
  6. XPD wrote:

    > "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message

    > > Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
    > > for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
    > > with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
    > > they're now going door to door everywhere? :-D

    > Theyve always done door to door for all their services for as long as I can
    > remember.
    > But they seem to have cut back a bit since the dodgy cellphone scam that was
    > going on with them a few years back.

    About a year ago a guy came to our door to try and switch us over to
    their 027 phone service. My flatmate was already a Telecom customer and
    was considering a new handset. He kept the salesman there for about 15
    minutes talking about various term contract options but eventually
    decided that he didn't want to go ahead with any of the offers, and the
    salesman had to leave empty handed.

    We felt a bit guilty afterwards, because the salesman was actually a
    contractor rather than a Telecom employee and was probably paid on a
    commission basis.
    alastair.geek.nz, Jul 2, 2006
  7. Jamie Kahn Genet

    ~tricky~ Guest

    alastair.geek.nz wrote:
    > XPD wrote:
    >
    >> "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message

    >>> Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband
    >>> package for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said
    >>> no cause I'm with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are
    >>> Telecom now so desperate they're now going door to door everywhere?
    >>> :-D

    >> Theyve always done door to door for all their services for as long
    >> as I can remember.
    >> But they seem to have cut back a bit since the dodgy cellphone scam
    >> that was going on with them a few years back.

    > About a year ago a guy came to our door to try and switch us over to
    > their 027 phone service. My flatmate was already a Telecom customer
    > and was considering a new handset. He kept the salesman there for
    > about 15 minutes talking about various term contract options but
    > eventually decided that he didn't want to go ahead with any of the
    > offers, and the salesman had to leave empty handed.
    >
    > We felt a bit guilty afterwards, because the salesman was actually a
    > contractor rather than a Telecom employee and was probably paid on a
    > commission basis.

    I had one here a couple months ago. It was raining, I didn't invite him in.
    I explained that I had my cell with Vodafone and tolls and internet access
    with Actrix. He offered me several deals, free cell phone for a term deal
    etc. said he could save me lots of money. I said "OK, show me how". I told
    him exactly what I had and what I was paying, said if he could better it,
    I'd deal. He saw my bills and numbers and said, "No, Telecom can't give you
    a better deal than that". I said "Thanks for your honesty, have a nice
    evening". (It was just on dark).
    --
    Shaun.
    ~tricky~, Jul 2, 2006
  8. Fred Dagg <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (Jamie
    > Kahn Genet) exclaimed:
    >
    > >Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
    > >for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
    > >with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
    > >they're now going door to door everywhere? :-D
    > >
    > >Regards,
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet

    > It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.

    No, it was Telecom. She told me so.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jul 2, 2006
  9. Jamie Kahn Genet

    MarkH Guest

    (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote in

    > Fred Dagg <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (Jamie
    >> Kahn Genet) exclaimed:
    >>
    >> >Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband
    >> >package for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said
    >> >no cause I'm with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom
    >> >now so desperate they're now going door to door everywhere? :-D
    >> >
    >> >Regards,
    >> > Jamie Kahn Genet

    >> It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.

    > No, it was Telecom. She told me so.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    I also have had a visit from Telecom, I told her that I was getting 50%
    more data cap for the same money so I was not interested.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade
    MarkH, Jul 2, 2006
  10. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 15:18:27 +1200, (Jamie
    Kahn Genet) exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (Jamie
    >> Kahn Genet) exclaimed:
    >>
    >> >Just had a girl knock on my door offering a Telecom broadband package
    >> >for $29.95. She was very polite and well spoken, but I said no cause I'm
    >> >with Orcon, and fairly happy with them. But are Telecom now so desperate
    >> >they're now going door to door everywhere? :-D
    >> >
    >> >Regards,
    >> > Jamie Kahn Genet

    >> It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.

    >No, it was Telecom. She told me so.
    >
    >Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    Ok. I've had people call saying they "work with Telecom", just to find
    that they were actually CallPlus, trying to take tolls off Telecom.
    Same thing with someone from "TelstraClear" who was actually a
    seperate company who had ties to TelstraClear.
    Fred Dagg, Jul 2, 2006
  11. Fred Dagg <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 15:18:27 +1200, (Jamie
    > Kahn Genet) exclaimed:
    >
    > >Fred Dagg <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 23:53:53 +1200, (Jamie
    > >> Kahn Genet) exclaimed:

    > >> It wouldn't have been Telecom. Probably Slingshot.

    > >No, it was Telecom. She told me so.
    > >
    > >Regards,
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet

    > Ok. I've had people call saying they "work with Telecom", just to find
    > that they were actually CallPlus, trying to take tolls off Telecom.
    > Same thing with someone from "TelstraClear" who was actually a
    > seperate company who had ties to TelstraClear.

    Amazing they get away with that crap. Anyway, this girl mentioned a
    couple well advertised Telecom plans specifically. None of which I think
    are a decent deal... but that's Telecom!

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jul 2, 2006
  12. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Vista Guest

    "~tricky~" <> wrote in message
    > alastair.geek.nz wrote:
    >> XPD wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Jamie Kahn Genet" <> wrote in message

    >>> Theyve always done door to door for all their services for as long
    >>> as I can remember.
    >>> But they seem to have cut back a bit since the dodgy cellphone scam
    >>> that was going on with them a few years back.

    >> About a year ago a guy came to our door to try and switch us over to
    >> their 027 phone service. My flatmate was already a Telecom customer
    >> and was considering a new handset. He kept the salesman there for
    >> about 15 minutes talking about various term contract options but
    >> eventually decided that he didn't want to go ahead with any of the
    >> offers, and the salesman had to leave empty handed.
    >>
    >> We felt a bit guilty afterwards, because the salesman was actually a
    >> contractor rather than a Telecom employee and was probably paid on a
    >> commission basis.

    > I had one here a couple months ago. It was raining, I didn't invite him
    > in. I explained that I had my cell with Vodafone and tolls and internet
    > access with Actrix. He offered me several deals, free cell phone for a
    > term deal etc. said he could save me lots of money. I said "OK, show me
    > how". I told him exactly what I had and what I was paying, said if he
    > could better it, I'd deal. He saw my bills and numbers and said, "No,
    > Telecom can't give you a better deal than that". I said "Thanks for your
    > honesty, have a nice evening". (It was just on dark).
    > --
    > Shaun.

    Plus the sound quality on the 027 network is nowhere up to the standard of
    the 021 network.
    Vista, Jul 2, 2006
  13. Jamie Kahn Genet

    thingy Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > "~tricky~" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>alastair.geek.nz wrote:

    >>>About a year ago a guy came to our door to try and switch us over to
    >>>their 027 phone service. My flatmate was already a Telecom customer
    >>>and was considering a new handset. He kept the salesman there for
    >>>about 15 minutes talking about various term contract options but
    >>>eventually decided that he didn't want to go ahead with any of the
    >>>offers, and the salesman had to leave empty handed.
    >>>
    >>>We felt a bit guilty afterwards, because the salesman was actually a
    >>>contractor rather than a Telecom employee and was probably paid on a
    >>>commission basis.

    >>I had one here a couple months ago. It was raining, I didn't invite him
    >>in. I explained that I had my cell with Vodafone and tolls and internet
    >>access with Actrix. He offered me several deals, free cell phone for a
    >>term deal etc. said he could save me lots of money. I said "OK, show me
    >>how". I told him exactly what I had and what I was paying, said if he
    >>could better it, I'd deal. He saw my bills and numbers and said, "No,
    >>Telecom can't give you a better deal than that". I said "Thanks for your
    >>honesty, have a nice evening". (It was just on dark).
    >>--
    >>Shaun.
    >>

    > Plus the sound quality on the 027 network is nowhere up to the standard of
    > the 021 network.

    Having just switched to 027 from 021, cant say I have noticed a quality
    difference, though the 027 seems to get into the valley where I live
    slightly better than 021....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 2, 2006
  14. Jamie Kahn Genet

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Jul 2, 2006
  15. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Richard Guest

    thingy wrote:

    >> Plus the sound quality on the 027 network is nowhere up to the
    >> standard of the 021 network.
    >>

    > Having just switched to 027 from 021, cant say I have noticed a quality
    > difference, though the 027 seems to get into the valley where I live
    > slightly better than 021....

    Like night and day when I was using an 027... plus it showing it had signal and
    actually working were 2 totally different matters, would have 2/5 and when
    trying to make a call it just went beep and put a message up about the
    connection to the network was lost.
    Richard, Jul 3, 2006
  16. Richard wrote:

    > thingy wrote:

    > > Having just switched to 027 from 021, cant say I have noticed a quality
    > > difference, though the 027 seems to get into the valley where I live
    > > slightly better than 021....

    > Like night and day when I was using an 027... plus it showing it had signal and
    > actually working were 2 totally different matters, would have 2/5 and when
    > trying to make a call it just went beep and put a message up about the
    > connection to the network was lost.

    I've found that it depends on the handset more than the network. My
    Nokia GSM handsets always seemed to acheive better sound quality than
    other brands of GSM handsets. On the other hand, the 027 handsets that
    I've used have all sounded reasonable, but I'm currently on 021 and
    wouldn't want to go back to 027 without a damn good reason.
    alastair.geek.nz, Jul 3, 2006
  17. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Richard Guest

    alastair.geek.nz wrote:

    >>Like night and day when I was using an 027... plus it showing it had signal and
    >>actually working were 2 totally different matters, would have 2/5 and when
    >>trying to make a call it just went beep and put a message up about the
    >>connection to the network was lost.

    > I've found that it depends on the handset more than the network. My
    > Nokia GSM handsets always seemed to acheive better sound quality than
    > other brands of GSM handsets. On the other hand, the 027 handsets that
    > I've used have all sounded reasonable, but I'm currently on 021 and
    > wouldn't want to go back to 027 without a damn good reason.

    Mine was a treo 600.. mind you, my latest nokia 021 (an 1100) seems even better
    then the past ones and I havent turned on EFR on it (Not that I ever really
    thought that made a difference)
    Richard, Jul 3, 2006