    --
    God Bless America

    Josh The Bad Bear

    Josh, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Josh wrote:
    || But . . . my friend has a computer with 64 Megs of Ram (which I know
    || is too little) and is only a 100mghrtz of power (speed?). I
    || understand the ram can be upgraded to as much as 512 Megs and that
    || its not difficult to change. What I'd like to know is . . . is it
    || just as easy to upgrade speed? Her computer is a Dell Dimension C400
    || a few years old only. Might as well look at the inside of one of
    || these things eventually, but I don't want to blow the place up. Any
    || thoughts appreciated and . . . be kind. lol Thanks gang.
    || --
    || God Bless America
    || Josh The Bad Bear

    Are you going to get laid if we help you?

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Josh

    °Mike° Guest

    No, it's not just as easy. Read the motherboard manual
    about RAM, speed, overclocking etc.

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:00:31 -0600, in
    <>
    Josh scrawled:

    >But . . . my friend has a computer with 64 Megs of Ram (which I know is too
    >little) and is only a 100mghrtz of power (speed?). I understand the ram can
    >be upgraded to as much as 512 Megs and that its not difficult to change.
    >What I'd like to know is . . . is it just as easy to upgrade speed? Her
    >computer is a Dell Dimension C400 a few years old only. Might as well look
    >at the inside of one of these things eventually, but I don't want to blow
    >the place up. Any thoughts appreciated and . . . be kind. lol Thanks gang.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Josh

    philo Guest

    "Josh" <> wrote in message
    > But . . . my friend has a computer with 64 Megs of Ram (which I know is

    too
    > little) and is only a 100mghrtz of power (speed?). I understand the ram

    can
    > be upgraded to as much as 512 Megs and that its not difficult to change.
    > What I'd like to know is . . . is it just as easy to upgrade speed? Her
    > computer is a Dell Dimension C400 a few years old only. Might as well look
    > at the inside of one of these things eventually, but I don't want to blow
    > the place up. Any thoughts appreciated and . . . be kind. lol Thanks

    gang.

    what operating system is on the machine???
    if it's windows 95 64 megs of ram is plenty

    if win98, though adding ram may help...
    you will not get fantastic performance on a 100mhz machine

    if you can go with a 200mhz cpu and 128 megs of ram
    win 98 will be fairly usable

    philo, Nov 1, 2003
  5. Josh

    Harrison Guest

    Please post the service tag number.

    Harrison, Nov 2, 2003
  6. Josh

    Dan Beale Guest

    Harrison <> wrote in

    > Please post the service tag number.

    Is harrison trolling?

    Dan Beale, Nov 3, 2003
  7. Josh

    Josh Guest

    LOL yes

    --
    God Bless America

    Josh The Bad Bear

    Josh, Nov 4, 2003
  8. Josh

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:00:31 -0600, "Josh" <>
    scribbled:

    >But . . . my friend has a computer with 64 Megs of Ram (which I know is too
    >little) and is only a 100mghrtz of power (speed?). I understand the ram can
    >be upgraded to as much as 512 Megs and that its not difficult to change.
    >What I'd like to know is . . . is it just as easy to upgrade speed? Her
    >computer is a Dell Dimension C400 a few years old only. Might as well look
    >at the inside of one of these things eventually, but I don't want to blow
    >the place up. Any thoughts appreciated and . . . be kind. lol Thanks gang.

    Please, find someone that knows what they're talking about
    (any grammar school age children in the neighborhood?)
    and get them to look at this thing before you reduce it to
    smoking char.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Nov 4, 2003