    Tell me how great it is - please. :)

    (or not)

    Ta

    steve, Mar 15, 2005

  2. steve wrote:
    > Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600GT GV-N66T128D 128MB
    > Tell me how great it is - please. :)

    only read good things about them...
    Sure they'll be bigger better faster ones availible either now or
    shortly, but it's good now, which is the point.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600GT GV-N66T128D 128MB
    >> Tell me how great it is - please. :)

    > only read good things about them...
    > Sure they'll be bigger better faster ones availible either now or
    > shortly, but it's good now, which is the point.

    and if you no longer want it, can I have the Ti?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 15, 2005
  4. steve

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >>> Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600GT GV-N66T128D 128MB
    >>> Tell me how great it is - please. :)

    >> only read good things about them...
    >> Sure they'll be bigger better faster ones availible either now or
    >> shortly, but it's good now, which is the point.

    > and if you no longer want it, can I have the Ti?

    I tend to retire hardware downscale through my SETI/CPDN server farm.

    The one that will fall out the bottom this time is a GF2-MX400 perhaps 5
    years old.

    steve, Mar 15, 2005
  5. On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:31:45 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >The fan on my Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200 video card gave up the ghost
    >yesterday....and I know I can replace it (and will....) but it provided
    >a convenient excuse to upgrade the card for UT 2004, Doom 3 and Halflife
    >2 etc..etc...
    >
    >So I read some reviews and looked at the price ranges......and I have
    >ordered a:
    >
    >Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600GT GV-N66T128D 128MB
    >
    >Anyone use this card?
    >
    >Tell me how great it is - please. :)
    >
    >(or not)
    >
    >Ta

    I don't think it has Temp monitoring..

    There are a few 6600 AGP cards now around $300 and even lower..

    Plus do you have stacks of Spare Watts.

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 15, 2005
  6. steve

    cowboyz Guest

    steve wrote:
    > The fan on my Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200 video card gave up the ghost
    > yesterday....and I know I can replace it (and will....) but it
    > provided a convenient excuse to upgrade the card for UT 2004, Doom 3
    > and Halflife 2 etc..etc...
    >
    > So I read some reviews and looked at the price ranges......and I have
    > ordered a:
    >
    > Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600GT GV-N66T128D 128MB
    >
    > Anyone use this card?
    >
    > Tell me how great it is - please. :)
    >
    > (or not)
    >
    > Ta

    Nope. Its crapTM. Sent it my way and I will swap you for a quality S3
    trio 2MB PCI Video card.

    cowboyz, Mar 15, 2005
  7. steve

    steve Guest

    cowboyz wrote:

    > Nope. Its crapTM. Sent it my way and I will swap you for a quality S3
    > trio 2MB PCI Video card.

    If the package is ticking when it arrives.....open it anyway. :)

    steve, Mar 16, 2005
  8. steve wrote:
    > The fan on my Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200 video card gave up the ghost
    > yesterday....and I know I can replace it (and will....) but it provided
    > a convenient excuse to upgrade the card for UT 2004, Doom 3 and Halflife
    > 2 etc..etc...
    >
    > So I read some reviews and looked at the price ranges......and I have
    > ordered a:
    >
    > Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 6600GT GV-N66T128D 128MB
    >
    > Anyone use this card?
    >
    > Tell me how great it is - please. :)

    Yes, it's good value for the price. It'll do the games thing quite
    nicely thank you, and not overly tax your system. Unless you're running
    a 286 with a 150w power supply.

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Mar 16, 2005
  9. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> only read good things about them...
    >>> Sure they'll be bigger better faster ones availible either now or
    >>> shortly, but it's good now, which is the point.

    >> and if you no longer want it, can I have the Ti?

    > I tend to retire hardware downscale through my SETI/CPDN server farm.
    >
    > The one that will fall out the bottom this time is a GF2-MX400
    > perhaps 5 years old.

    I could be interested in that. If you want to quit it and don't expect too
    much for it please email me, misfit with an Orcon addy. (Put GF2-MX400 as
    the subject, I get a lot of spam but I'll see that).

    Thanks,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Mar 16, 2005
  10. steve

    steve Guest

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=- wrote:

    > Yes, it's good value for the price. It'll do the games thing quite
    > nicely thank you, and not overly tax your system. Unless you're running
    > a 286 with a 150w power supply.

    Good!

    This system is an AMD XP 2800+ (2.0?GHz) with 512MB 266 MHz DDR RAM and
    a nice, fast mobo.

    Good enough....

    steve, Mar 16, 2005
  11. steve

    steve Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >
    >>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>>and if you no longer want it, can I have the Ti?

    >>I tend to retire hardware downscale through my SETI/CPDN server farm.
    >>
    >>The one that will fall out the bottom this time is a GF2-MX400
    >>perhaps 5 years old.

    > I could be interested in that. If you want to quit it and don't expect too
    > much for it please email me, misfit with an Orcon addy. (Put GF2-MX400 as
    > the subject, I get a lot of spam but I'll see that).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I'll see what's on hand after I've done messing around. If I have one to
    get rid of I'll send you a note.

    steve, Mar 17, 2005
  12. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:

    > I'll see what's on hand after I've done messing around. If I have one
    > to get rid of I'll send you a note.

    Thanks. Much appreciated.
    --
    ~misfit~