    benefits of having a hot-shoe, most of my FZ1 images have been captured
    without flash altogether.

    -Cardamon Dave

    Cardamon Dave, Apr 25, 2005

  2. Cardamon Dave wrote:
    > Now what? I love my FZ-1v2, but am seriously considering the FZ5. The
    > FZ20 looks like a bazooka next to the smaller FZ5, and for all the
    > benefits of having a hot-shoe, most of my FZ1 images have been
    > captured without flash altogether.

    If you loook back over the posts here and in rec.photo.digital.zlr you
    will find a whole bunch of comments on the FZ20 and FZ5. My wife has the
    FZ20, and I have the FZ5. We are both delighted with our cameras -
    excellent value for money.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Cardamon Dave

    measekite Guest

    Cardamon Dave wrote:

    >Now what? I love my FZ-1v2, but am seriously considering the FZ5. The
    >FZ20 looks like a bazooka next to the smaller FZ5, and for all the
    >benefits of having a hot-shoe, most of my FZ1 images have been captured
    >without flash altogether.
    >
    >-Cardamon Dave

    Now that the Canon S2 IS has been announced are you going to consider
    that as well?

    measekite, Apr 26, 2005
  4. What's appealing about the Canon S2 for me is the intervalometer
    (enabling time-lapse photos) and the OS familiarity with my other Canon
    Powershot G2 and the swivel 1.8-inch LCD. And it'll run on rechargeable
    AA batteries. On the down size: no TIFF mode, no Leica optics. Neither
    of them have the wide-angle capabilities of, say, an Olympus 5060, but
    then you can't have everything. Need to watch the prices! Thanks.

    Cardamon Dave, Apr 27, 2005