    question has been asked 8 million times before but this is new to me.

    Thank-You
    Eddie

    Eddie, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Eddie

    John Guest

    What Format are you saving it as EG: .jpg .bmp ect
    and have they got the right program for opening that type of file.

    John

    John, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Eddie

    Eddie Guest

    JPG John. I should have done some more research. I just got an email
    that said she could open it. Another said they couldn't. I'm over my
    head here.
    Thanks. -------Eddie

    Eddie, Mar 8, 2005
  4. Eddie wrote:
    > I have it in my documents folder. When I email the picture to a
    > friend or group they can't open it. What's my problem. I am sorry if
    > this question has been asked 8 million times before but this is new
    > to me.
    >
    > Thank-You
    > Eddie

    Depending on the operating system (I can only speak for Windows XP) the
    following formats can be opened natively: -

    JPEG
    TIF
    GIF
    BMP
    PNG

    However, the following formats are peculiar to the applications that created
    them: -

    pspimage (Paint Shop Pro 8 and 9. If memory serves versions earlier than 8
    simply had the extension .psp)
    ps (Adobe Photoshop)
    CDA (CorelDraw)
    MDI (Microsoft Digital Imaging)
    IS (Illustrator)

    There are obviously going to be more, but I can't think of them off the top
    of my head.

    There is an applet which can read most formats and it can be downloaded here
    www.irfanview.com. Some cannot be viewed natively, but there is a link to an
    executable which will install plugins for most formats - and, best of all,
    it's freeware!

    on salads.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 8, 2005
  5. Eddie

    WormWood Guest

    "Eddie" <> wrote in message
    >I have it in my documents folder. When I email the picture to a friend
    > or group they can't open it. What's my problem. I am sorry if this
    > question has been asked 8 million times before but this is new to me.
    >
    > Thank-You
    > Eddie

    You're probably sending only the icons of the pictures. Go to Start /
    Search / Files and Folders / pictures etc. See the properties of all
    search results to find the path to the actual file you want to email.

    WormWood, Mar 8, 2005
  6. Eddie

    WormWood Guest

    Icons as I used here means: Shortcut

    WormWood, Mar 8, 2005
  7. Eddie

    Eddie Guest

    Thank you all.....I will be better prepared next time.
    Eddie

    Eddie, Mar 9, 2005
  8. Eddie

    Helena Guest

    Eddie wrote:
    > I have it in my documents folder. When I email the picture to a
    > friend or group they can't open it. What's my problem. I am sorry if
    > this question has been asked 8 million times before but this is new
    > to me.

    They may have their e-mail Security Settings blocking attachments. Send it
    as a .zip file.

    Helena, Mar 9, 2005