    sold and the next owner installed SP2 and a PCM wireless card.

    Is this an O/S issue or still a hardware problem?

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Sep 19, 2006

  2. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    news:p-meatplow.local...

    > HP laptop z55xx series XPSP2
    >
    > Eject CD, reinsert and the disc isn't recognized even though the explorer
    > icon changes. Reboot and CD works until you eject and reinsert. Changed
    > the drive, did not fix. Previous owner says it worked fine until it was
    > sold and the next owner installed SP2 and a PCM wireless card.
    >
    > Is this an O/S issue or still a hardware problem?

    Remove the wireless card and check.
    What shows up under device manager? Any yellow triangles?
    I'd suspect that there is a conflict with a port somewhere.
    Does the drive work properly in another unit?

    How about using a USB drive? any problems that way?

    Amazing that you can say something more than one short line.
    richard, Sep 19, 2006