    clients. Up the tower and reset everything. Kee-rist, these bastard
    customers couldn't ask for more. Aren't you customer types ashamed of
    being this way? Why do you have to act like this?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 30, 2006

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Rôgêr spewed forth:
    > I just got back from the mountain top and I feel like getting "not
    > sober". Shit. The wireless access point went down and I got calls from
    > clients. Up the tower and reset everything. Kee-rist, these bastard
    > customers couldn't ask for more. Aren't you customer types ashamed of
    > being this way? Why do you have to act like this?

    <VBG>

    --
    I always finish what I sta
    Toolman Tim, May 30, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:59:12 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >I just got back from the mountain top and I feel like getting "not
    >sober". Shit. The wireless access point went down and I got calls from
    >clients. Up the tower and reset everything. Kee-rist, these bastard
    >customers couldn't ask for more. Aren't you customer types ashamed of
    >being this way? Why do you have to act like this?

    Because they're brainless, that's why. They're insipid, inane, moronic, useless
    twits. And I only say that because I'm trying to be nice.

    I was called in tonight, too. It seems one of my lusers decided to delete the
    Sygate folder on the laptop, which was hidden and passworded, and turn on the
    WinBlows firewall/ICS service, without disabling the Sygate service, and install
    a security lock program (which is not only in direct violation of hospital
    policy, but which took me about 2 seconds to defeat) and added a few other
    forbidden programs as well.

    I will of course mention all this at the HIPAA meeting tomorrow. People too
    stupid to chew gum and breathe at the same time shouldn't be allowed anywhere
    *near* a computer, even if they *do* work there.

    "Fuckwits, the lot of them."

    --
    "You must be smarter than ->|<- this stick to ride the Internet."
    --SleepyOne
    Mara, May 30, 2006
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    GHalleck Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > I just got back from the mountain top and I feel like getting "not
    > sober". Shit. The wireless access point went down and I got calls from
    > clients. Up the tower and reset everything. Kee-rist, these bastard
    > customers couldn't ask for more. Aren't you customer types ashamed of
    > being this way? Why do you have to act like this?

    Well...if they were paying customers, then the service needs to be
    provided. Of course, within a reasonable time. And there is always
    the troubling issue of liabilities if the service is ot restored.
    Customers have always been taught to believe that they are right.
    GHalleck, May 30, 2006
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    GHalleck Guest

    Mara wrote:

    > On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:59:12 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >

    >>I just got back from the mountain top and I feel like getting "not
    >>sober". Shit. The wireless access point went down and I got calls from
    >>clients. Up the tower and reset everything. Kee-rist, these bastard
    >>customers couldn't ask for more. Aren't you customer types ashamed of
    >>being this way? Why do you have to act like this?

    > Because they're brainless, that's why. They're insipid, inane, moronic, useless
    > twits. And I only say that because I'm trying to be nice.
    >
    > I was called in tonight, too. It seems one of my lusers decided to delete the
    > Sygate folder on the laptop, which was hidden and passworded, and turn on the
    > WinBlows firewall/ICS service, without disabling the Sygate service, and install
    > a security lock program (which is not only in direct violation of hospital
    > policy, but which took me about 2 seconds to defeat) and added a few other
    > forbidden programs as well.
    >
    > I will of course mention all this at the HIPAA meeting tomorrow. People too
    > stupid to chew gum and breathe at the same time shouldn't be allowed anywhere
    > *near* a computer, even if they *do* work there.
    >
    > "Fuckwits, the lot of them."

    Don't know about your hospital but I consult to several where users
    must be certified by their facilities before they can even touch a
    keyboard on their own. And, of course, those that violate policy and
    mis-use or abuse their computer privileges are terminated, especially
    for contravening HIPAA.
    GHalleck, May 30, 2006
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    beenthere Guest

    "GHalleck" <> wrote in message

    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> I just got back from the mountain top and I feel like getting "not
    >> sober". Shit. The wireless access point went down and I got calls from
    >> clients. Up the tower and reset everything. Kee-rist, these bastard
    >> customers couldn't ask for more. Aren't you customer types ashamed of
    >> being this way? Why do you have to act like this?

    > Well...if they were paying customers, then the service needs to be
    > provided. Of course, within a reasonable time. And there is always
    > the troubling issue of liabilities if the service is ot restored.
    > Customers have always been taught to believe that they are right.

    I bet that`s `cos they foot the bill <g>.
    beenthere, May 30, 2006
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:59:12 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > I just got back from the mountain top and I feel like getting "not sober".
    > Shit. The wireless access point went down and I got calls from clients. Up
    > the tower and reset everything. Kee-rist, these bastard customers couldn't
    > ask for more. Aren't you customer types ashamed of being this way? Why do
    > you have to act like this?

    Before I started my own business, I was on 24 hour call to several
    commercial clients who ran 3 shifts. Lucky for me that these were all
    older Novell networks and didn't require the overseeing that Windows did.
    But there is nothing like working 12 hours the day before then getting a
    page at 4 am and finding a server ABEND for no good reason.

    Meat Plow, May 30, 2006
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 29 May 2006 23:46:38 -0700, GHalleck <>
    wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:59:12 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just got back from the mountain top and I feel like getting "not
    >>>sober". Shit. The wireless access point went down and I got calls from
    >>>clients. Up the tower and reset everything. Kee-rist, these bastard
    >>>customers couldn't ask for more. Aren't you customer types ashamed of
    >>>being this way? Why do you have to act like this?

    >> Because they're brainless, that's why. They're insipid, inane, moronic, useless
    >> twits. And I only say that because I'm trying to be nice.
    >>
    >> I was called in tonight, too. It seems one of my lusers decided to delete the
    >> Sygate folder on the laptop, which was hidden and passworded, and turn on the
    >> WinBlows firewall/ICS service, without disabling the Sygate service, and install
    >> a security lock program (which is not only in direct violation of hospital
    >> policy, but which took me about 2 seconds to defeat) and added a few other
    >> forbidden programs as well.
    >>
    >> I will of course mention all this at the HIPAA meeting tomorrow. People too
    >> stupid to chew gum and breathe at the same time shouldn't be allowed anywhere
    >> *near* a computer, even if they *do* work there.
    >>
    >> "Fuckwits, the lot of them."
    >>

    >Don't know about your hospital but I consult to several where users
    >must be certified by their facilities before they can even touch a
    >keyboard on their own. And, of course, those that violate policy and
    >mis-use or abuse their computer privileges are terminated, especially
    >for contravening HIPAA.

    Certification doesn't stop people from being stupid. Just last week the Privacy
    Officer and I handed out a Security policy that was written in third-grade
    language-no changing settings on the machines, no installing non-approved
    software, no attempting to fix the machines themselves. You see how much good
    *that* did.

    So far I've filed four Incident Reports on the same morons. They've all gone to
    the Oversight Committee. Each time the manager of the department (who is a total
    kook in her own right) and the hospital Administrator say they'll take care of
    it, and each time nothing at all is done.

    Because they're morons. It's the only reasonable explanation.

    Mara, May 30, 2006
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-30, Mara <> wrote:
    [snip]

    > I will of course mention all this at the HIPAA meeting tomorrow. People too
    > stupid to chew gum and breathe at the same time shouldn't be allowed anywhere
    > *near* a computer, even if they *do* work there.

    I'd like to add "anywhere *near* a hospital"
    (unless they need treatment, of course)

    Jimchip, May 30, 2006