    driver), then what good is sending a postcard to a incorrect address?

    Or are they saying that they trust the post office to find the
    address, but not their own drivers?

    Evan Platt, Mar 9, 2009

  2. Evan Platt

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in message
    news::

    > UPS once again failing to deliver....
    >
    > Notes on tracking:
    >
    > A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO
    > OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION / A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT
    > REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.
    >
    > So.... if the address is OBVIOUSLY incorrect (not incompetence of the
    > driver), then what good is sending a postcard to a incorrect address?
    >
    > Or are they saying that they trust the post office to find the
    > address, but not their own drivers?

    Mail fraud is an offence <reading between the lines> - Ref: The Firm ;-)

    --
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
    an understanding of ourselves. Jung

    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Mar 9, 2009

  3. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:23:32 +1000, "Keyser Söze"
    <> wrote:

    >Mail fraud is an offence <reading between the lines> - Ref: The Firm ;-)

    Well, I know mail fraud, but not sure what that has to do with the
    incompetence of UPS. :)

    Evan Platt, Mar 9, 2009
  4. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > UPS once again failing to deliver....
    >
    > Notes on tracking:
    >
    > A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO
    > OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION / A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT
    > REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.
    >
    > So.... if the address is OBVIOUSLY incorrect

    What makes you think the address is incorrect? Perhaps the street number is
    just missing altogether.

    Here's an address example for you ....

    John Doe
    Box 12345
    Anytown, New York

    You and UPS may have difficulty physically locating such an address ,however
    I'm pretty sure USPS would not.

    J¡m ßéâñ, Mar 9, 2009
  5. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 15:19:51 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >So you call them and state that the USPS has no problems finding the
    >house why can't UPS?

    Been there, done that. Dozens of times.

    >Take a photo of the house, hand deliver it to them with the gps
    >location noted on the photo.

    I would, but this UPS hub is about 20+ miles from me. UPS trucks
    don't have GPS. They have to hand write notes to the driver (I've seen
    some of these notes). It's just stupidity.

    Evan Platt, Mar 9, 2009
  6. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:21:26 -0500, "J¡m ßéâñ"
    <> wrote:

    >What makes you think the address is incorrect? Perhaps the street number is
    >just missing altogether.

    The point is the address ISN'T incorrect. The address is fine. The
    address is there. Every time this happens, UPS says "Is this address
    correct"? Yes. Yes. Yes.

    >Here's an address example for you ....
    >
    >John Doe
    >Box 12345
    >Anytown, New York
    >
    >You and UPS may have difficulty physically locating such an address ,however
    >I'm pretty sure USPS would not.

    My house isn't a PO box. :)

    Evan Platt, Mar 9, 2009
  7. Evan Platt

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in message

    > On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:23:32 +1000, "Keyser Söze"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mail fraud is an offence <reading between the lines> - Ref: The Firm
    >> ;-)

    > Well, I know mail fraud, but not sure what that has to do with the
    > incompetence of UPS. :)

    "So.... if the address is OBVIOUSLY incorrect... "

    They don't have to deliver the item, which will save money. Premeditated
    non-delivery = Fraud; as the mail is Federal ;-)

    Keyser Söze, Mar 9, 2009
  8. In article <>
    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    > UPS once again failing to deliver....
    >
    > Notes on tracking:
    >
    > A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO
    > OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION / A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT
    > REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.
    >
    > So.... if the address is OBVIOUSLY incorrect (not incompetence of the
    > driver), then what good is sending a postcard to a incorrect address?
    >
    > Or are they saying that they trust the post office to find the
    > address, but not their own drivers?

    We apologize for your inconvenience. Due to the Obama administrations
    advocacy of removing Federal oversight of the Teamsters, managers have been
    working double time to insure the heightened stress management of our
    drivers. All of which, at this time are Teamster Members. We expect to have
    this under control shortly with null contracts shifted to our sister company
    FedEx, a Geithner Company! Please be patient, we are doing all we can to help
    subvert any organizational policy and reduce your costs through further
    layoffs, both in management AND on the street. Brownshirts just don't
    represent the image we here at UPS like to project today!

    Regards,
    S.S., Customer Service

    UPS Customer Support, Mar 10, 2009