    that he'll think about putting it back into the film."

    Should we take this to mean that George is currently tinkering, again?

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Nov 4, 2005

  2. Jordan

    Impmon Guest

    On 4 Nov 2005 12:08:30 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:

    >Should we take this to mean that George is currently tinkering, again?

    Knowing him, probably yes. There were other deleted scenes in other
    Star Wars that could have been included but ended up only on disc 2.

    As far as George "Gimmie-all-your-money" Lucas is concerned, he will
    release the complete 6 DVD set with the first trilogy in as released
    format. A year later, reissue them as 12 disc special with all bonus
    and extra materials like the current 2 disc versions. Then
    re-re-issue them with the added deleted scenes, etc. Lastly
    re-re-re-issue them with the older trilogy "revised" to
    super-duper-platinum-special-edition where almost none of the footage
    are original.

    I'll bet at least 4 revisions of DVD set before he goes to Blu-ray or
    HD-DVD format.

    Impmon, Nov 4, 2005

  3. Jordan

    Napalm68 Guest

    Impmon wrote:
    > On 4 Nov 2005 12:08:30 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Should we take this to mean that George is currently tinkering, again?

    > Knowing him, probably yes. There were other deleted scenes in other
    > Star Wars that could have been included but ended up only on disc 2.
    >
    > As far as George "Gimmie-all-your-money" Lucas is concerned, he will
    > release the complete 6 DVD set with the first trilogy in as released
    > format. A year later, reissue them as 12 disc special with all bonus
    > and extra materials like the current 2 disc versions. Then
    > re-re-issue them with the added deleted scenes, etc. Lastly
    > re-re-re-issue them with the older trilogy "revised" to
    > super-duper-platinum-special-edition where almost none of the footage
    > are original.
    >
    > I'll bet at least 4 revisions of DVD set before he goes to Blu-ray or
    > HD-DVD format.

    Tell me, would ANYONE complain if he tinkered severely with Phantom Menace (eg,
    CG'ing yoda, de-obnoxifying jar-jar)

    :p

    Napalm68, Nov 4, 2005
  4. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    This is true... Giving Jar Jar an alien language and demoting all his
    dialog to subtitles would go a long way. :^)

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Nov 5, 2005
  5. Jordan

    Napalm68 Guest

    Jordan wrote:
    > This is true... Giving Jar Jar an alien language and demoting all his
    > dialog to subtitles would go a long way. :^)
    >
    > - Jordan

    Given what tinkering he has done with the original trilogy, I keep hoping he'll
    eventually do the same with the new ones. Phantom Menace is a prime candidate.

    Napalm68, Nov 5, 2005
  6. Jordan

    Von Fourche Guest

    "Napalm68" <> wrote in message
    > Jordan wrote:
    > > This is true... Giving Jar Jar an alien language and demoting all his
    > > dialog to subtitles would go a long way. :^)
    > >
    > > - Jordan
    > >

    > Given what tinkering he has done with the original trilogy, I keep hoping

    he'll
    > eventually do the same with the new ones. Phantom Menace is a prime

    candidate.

    It would be nice if he went back and digitally replaced Hayden
    Christensen and Natalie Portman with actors who can actually act.

    Von Fourche, Nov 5, 2005
  7. Jordan

    Justin Guest

    Napalm68 wrote on [Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:52:24 +1000]:
    > Impmon wrote:
    >> On 4 Nov 2005 12:08:30 -0800, "Jordan" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Should we take this to mean that George is currently tinkering, again?

    >> Knowing him, probably yes. There were other deleted scenes in other
    >> Star Wars that could have been included but ended up only on disc 2.
    >>
    >> As far as George "Gimmie-all-your-money" Lucas is concerned, he will
    >> release the complete 6 DVD set with the first trilogy in as released
    >> format. A year later, reissue them as 12 disc special with all bonus
    >> and extra materials like the current 2 disc versions. Then
    >> re-re-issue them with the added deleted scenes, etc. Lastly
    >> re-re-re-issue them with the older trilogy "revised" to
    >> super-duper-platinum-special-edition where almost none of the footage
    >> are original.
    >>
    >> I'll bet at least 4 revisions of DVD set before he goes to Blu-ray or
    >> HD-DVD format.

    > Tell me, would ANYONE complain if he tinkered severely with Phantom Menace (eg,
    > CG'ing yoda, de-obnoxifying jar-jar)

    Getting rid of the sea monkeys from the force

    Justin, Nov 5, 2005
  8. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    Portman is a really good actress, the problem is that George rarely
    gave her good direcftion. Compare Clones with Sith and it's a night and
    day difference.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Nov 5, 2005
  9. Jordan

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Von Fourche wrote:

    > It would be nice if he went back and digitally replaced Hayden
    > Christensen and Natalie Portman with actors who can actually act.

    They both can act. It would be better if he digitally replaced the
    dialog with stuff that people would actually say.

    dick
    -- and if he could digitally replace his direction so that the actors
    would actually act then they'd have something like uh.. can someone name
    a SW movie which GL didn't script or direct?

    Dick Sidbury, Nov 5, 2005
  10. Jordan

    Biz Guest

    "Von Fourche" <> wrote in message
    > It would be nice if he went back and digitally replaced Hayden
    > Christensen and Natalie Portman with actors who can actually act.

    Watch Garden State and Life as a House...its not the actors...it was the
    script or at least the poor direction that made them look like poor
    actors...even McGregor didnt look like a good actor in these movies...The SW
    movies aren't really about the acting anyway, its about the story being
    told...

    Biz, Nov 5, 2005
  11. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    George is on record saying that he wanted to emulate the stiff/bad
    acting that was in the old movie serials.

    /FWIW he wanted it to look that way.

    Jordan, Nov 6, 2005
  12. Jordan

    Rtavi Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Napalm68 wrote on [Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:52:24 +1000]:
    >> Impmon wrote:

    Yes and the final version will keep the titles for each film and replace the
    content of "Menace" with "Serenity" "Clones" with "Forbidden Planet" and
    the third "whaterever it was called" with the complete 4 years of Babylon 5.
    100 years from now with the origionals lost forever subsequent generations
    will regard him as "one damn fine movie maker you betchum!"

    Rtavi, Nov 7, 2005
  13. Jordan

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    Dick Sidbury <> wrote:
    >Von Fourche wrote:
    >>

    >> It would be nice if he went back and digitally replaced Hayden
    >> Christensen and Natalie Portman with actors who can actually act.
    >>

    >They both can act. It would be better if he digitally replaced the
    >dialog with stuff that people would actually say.

    Harrison Ford to George Lucas, during the filming of "Star Wars":

    "George, you can write shit like that, you just can't SAY it".

    Mike S., Nov 7, 2005
  14. Jordan

    Sue Guest

    Mike S. wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Dick Sidbury <> wrote:
    >
    >>Von Fourche wrote:
    >>

    >>> It would be nice if he went back and digitally replaced Hayden
    >>>Christensen and Natalie Portman with actors who can actually act.
    >>>

    >>They both can act. It would be better if he digitally replaced the
    >>dialog with stuff that people would actually say.

    > Harrison Ford to George Lucas, during the filming of "Star Wars":
    >
    > "George, you can write shit like that, you just can't SAY it".

    Harrison Ford, also at some point during the filming of the SW films:

    "If George could find a way to make movies without actors, he'd do it."

    (At least I think it was Ford who said that, but it might also have been
    Rick McCallum...)

    Sue, Nov 7, 2005