Oh, No, my Netflix Queue is FULL!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mr. Pope John Hole III, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. I knew it was bound to happen eventually, I've been hovering around the
    480s for some time, but I added a whole slew of titles from this week's
    releases and now its packed to the gills!! And there's nothing I want to
    lose and there are still things to add!! I better get busy this week and
    produce a high turnover.

    †††
    Mr. Pope John Hole III

    The favor of your reply is requested.

    http://icasualties.org/oif/

    "I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle." Kingdom
    of Heaven

    "You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
    pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck

    Mr. Pope John Hole III, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Mr. Pope John Hole III

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Mr. Pope
    John Hole III <> wrote:

    > I knew it was bound to happen eventually, I've been hovering around the
    > 480s for some time, but I added a whole slew of titles from this week's
    > releases and now its packed to the gills!! And there's nothing I want to
    > lose and there are still things to add!! I better get busy this week and
    > produce a high turnover.

    Mine hovers around 10 items, and often gets down to 4. Gotta quit one
    of these days, as I'm just forcing myself to rent crap to fill in the
    queue...

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Invid Fan wrote:
    > In article <>, Mr. Pope
    > John Hole III <> wrote:
    >

    >>I knew it was bound to happen eventually, I've been hovering around the
    >>480s for some time, but I added a whole slew of titles from this week's
    >>releases and now its packed to the gills!! And there's nothing I want to
    >>lose and there are still things to add!! I better get busy this week and
    >>produce a high turnover.
    >>

    > Mine hovers around 10 items, and often gets down to 4. Gotta quit one
    > of these days, as I'm just forcing myself to rent crap to fill in the
    > queue...

    Mine's at about 120. Does anyone know if The Beatles' Help! or Let It Be
    is scheduled for DVD release at all in the future? I'd also like to see
    the old 1978 Sir Anthony Hopkins chestnut Magic. Pretty bad film from
    what I remember, but Hopkins was worth watching (as usual).

    Barry Delfino, Aug 8, 2005
  4. Mr. Pope John Hole III

    docdude316 Guest

    Barry Delfino wrote:
    > Invid Fan wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, Mr. Pope
    >> John Hole III <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I knew it was bound to happen eventually, I've been hovering around the
    >>> 480s for some time, but I added a whole slew of titles from this week's
    >>> releases and now its packed to the gills!! And there's nothing I want to
    >>> lose and there are still things to add!! I better get busy this week and
    >>> produce a high turnover.
    >>>

    >> Mine hovers around 10 items, and often gets down to 4. Gotta quit one
    >> of these days, as I'm just forcing myself to rent crap to fill in the
    >> queue...

    > Mine's at about 120. Does anyone know if The Beatles' Help! or Let It Be
    > is scheduled for DVD release at all in the future? I'd also like to see
    > the old 1978 Sir Anthony Hopkins chestnut Magic. Pretty bad film from
    > what I remember, but Hopkins was worth watching (as usual).

    Help! was already released on DVD (In 1997 if I remember correctly), but
    I don't think that Let It Be has been. However, Yellow Submarine and
    Magical Mystery Tour both were previously released as well.

    docdude316, Aug 8, 2005
  5. Mr. Pope John Hole III

    Jordan Guest

    Hmmm... You could actually try buying a movie every now and again.

    There are a few so far this month that I'd consider buying and none I'd
    consider renting.

    http://www.videoeta.com

    2nd The Complete Thin Man Collection $
    2nd Ghostbusters 1 & 2 $ Bill Murray
    9th Kung Fu Hustle Stephen Chow $17.0

    Beyond that, I don't know. If you've got T.J. Hooker or Thundercats in
    your queue then you need to re-think your life.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Aug 8, 2005
  6. "Jordan" <> wrote:

    >Hmmm... You could actually try buying a
    >movie every now and again.

    I still buy dvds but I only buy things I'll actually want to watch more
    than once. This month I purchased Cracker the Complete Series (US
    Version) I already have the UK ones and tomorrow I'll be picking up The
    Muppets season one.

    >There are a few so far this month that I'd
    >consider buying and none I'd consider
    >renting.

    Poor you.

    >2nd     Ghostbusters 1 & 2 $   Bill Murray

    This one was just a repackaging of the two previous releases.

    >Beyond that, I don't know. If you've got
    >T.J. Hooker or Thundercats in your queue
    >then you need to re-think your life.

    I don't. But films have been around for over a century and tv, both
    foreign and domestic, have been around for half a century, I find
    there's more than enough things to check out.

    †††

    Mr. Pope John Hole III, Aug 9, 2005
  7. Mr. Pope John Hole III

    Billy Joe Guest

    > I knew it was bound to happen eventually,

    Yep, NetFlix limits do come as a surprise!!

    They suggest that I rate films I've seen in order to get suggestions from
    their collection, and I have rated films and have selected from their
    suggestions. But apparently I've rated too many, as they've neither found a
    single video of interest (I mean zero have been suggested) and now I can no
    longer rate, or in fact even modify, anything?

    Part of the problem is that they do not observe personal settings regarding
    likes/dislikes. For example, I've set non-English language videos (termed
    "foreign") as one star (zero stars seemed somehow unselectable). I just
    prefer to select from other sources which sub-titled videos I'd like to
    watch. But all those films keep cropping up in screens and I keep marking
    them "not interested." So now I've gone well over 5,000 "ratings!" And
    they have cut me off from ranking films I really don't want to have offered
    among selection candidates.

    OK, maybe I went about it the wrong way? But now I can't even rate the
    films I've just watched! And the 3,000 or so real ratings to date have
    become entirely worthless because of the 2,000 or so "uninterested"
    rankings.

    Now admittedly I've said to myself from the beginning that there must be a
    limit. But my goal became to STOP seeing vids constantly listed in large
    numbers in which I was not going to be interested, and the profile settings
    should have accomplished that. Since they didn't, I burned out the other
    functions. Out-sourced programming, anyone ;-0)

    Any way, if there is a reset button somewhere that I've missed - and I'm an
    expert at missing buttons - please feel free to make fun of me and tell me
    where it is:-(

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Aug 10, 2005
  8. Mr. Pope John Hole III

    No One Guest

    Billy Joe wrote:

    >>I knew it was bound to happen eventually,

    > Yep, NetFlix limits do come as a surprise!!
    >
    > They suggest that I rate films I've seen in order to get suggestions from
    > their collection, and I have rated films and have selected from their
    > suggestions. But apparently I've rated too many, as they've neither found a
    > single video of interest (I mean zero have been suggested) and now I can no
    > longer rate, or in fact even modify, anything?
    >
    > Part of the problem is that they do not observe personal settings regarding
    > likes/dislikes. For example, I've set non-English language videos (termed
    > "foreign") as one star (zero stars seemed somehow unselectable). I just
    > prefer to select from other sources which sub-titled videos I'd like to
    > watch. But all those films keep cropping up in screens and I keep marking
    > them "not interested." So now I've gone well over 5,000 "ratings!" And
    > they have cut me off from ranking films I really don't want to have offered
    > among selection candidates.
    >
    > OK, maybe I went about it the wrong way? But now I can't even rate the
    > films I've just watched! And the 3,000 or so real ratings to date have
    > become entirely worthless because of the 2,000 or so "uninterested"
    > rankings.
    >
    > Now admittedly I've said to myself from the beginning that there must be a
    > limit. But my goal became to STOP seeing vids constantly listed in large
    > numbers in which I was not going to be interested, and the profile settings
    > should have accomplished that. Since they didn't, I burned out the other
    > functions. Out-sourced programming, anyone ;-0)
    >
    > Any way, if there is a reset button somewhere that I've missed - and I'm an
    > expert at missing buttons - please feel free to make fun of me and tell me
    > where it is:-(
    >
    > BJ

    That's because personalization only works on one server, the one
    formerly known as ATG's Dynamo. Personalization on anything else is a hack.

    No One, Aug 10, 2005