  1. cb3c

    cb3c Guest

    I have a Kodak DX6340 and I had an accident where half of this camera (the half where the battery and memory card is) got submersed in water for about a second. I immediately removed the memory card, but not the batteries. A few minutes later I tried turning it on and it wouldn't boot up. It's been over 24 hours and still nothing. Is this camera shot or could it be repaired?

    cb3c, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Take the batteries out and replace them,...leaving the compartment dry
    completely first.

    A Concerned Contributer, Aug 31, 2004

  3. cb3c

    Ron Hunter Guest

    cb3c wrote:

    > I have a Kodak DX6340 and I had an accident where half of this camera
    > (the half where the battery and memory card is) got submersed in water
    > for about a second. I immediately removed the memory card, but not the
    > batteries. A few minutes later I tried turning it on and it wouldn’t
    > boot up. It’s been over 24 hours and still nothing. Is this camera
    > shot or could it be repaired?

    You should have removed the batteries immediately. Leave everything
    open for a couple of days, recharge the batteries, and try again. If it
    still refuses to work, I am sure that Ron Baird will be along to give
    you specific help later.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 31, 2004