    How do I find e.g. *.~dfm files?

    3) when I move with the keys on the tree in explorer, I want to see
    what is in the folder - how do I do that (without pressing enter)?
    Sonnich Jensen, Mar 27, 2012

  2. Sonnich Jensen

    miso Guest

    On 3/27/2012 11:00 AM, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
    > Questions:
    >
    > 1) how do you make the calendar stick, so you can see it while working
    > with another window?
    >
    > 2) the search function - is there something like the old one?
    > Why do wild cards such as *.~* not work at all?
    > How do I find e.g. *.~dfm files?
    >
    > 3) when I move with the keys on the tree in explorer, I want to see
    > what is in the folder - how do I do that (without pressing enter)?

    Regarding item 2, try
    > http://www.voidtools.com/

    It baffles the mind why MS made the search so crappy from previous
    generations.
    miso, Apr 2, 2012

  3. Sonnich Jensen

    Geri Guest

    On 4/2/2012 1:49 AM, miso wrote:
    > On 3/27/2012 11:00 AM, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
    >> Questions:
    >>
    >> 1) how do you make the calendar stick, so you can see it while working
    >> with another window?
    >>
    >> 2) the search function - is there something like the old one?
    >> Why do wild cards such as *.~* not work at all?
    >> How do I find e.g. *.~dfm files?
    >>
    >> 3) when I move with the keys on the tree in explorer, I want to see
    >> what is in the folder - how do I do that (without pressing enter)?

    > Regarding item 2, try
    >> http://www.voidtools.com/

    > It baffles the mind why MS made the search so crappy from previous
    > generations.

    I dislike Win7 so much I'm thinking about going back to XP. My
    brother-in-law moved to Apple. It blows my mind why so many reviewers
    gave such positive reviews on this piece of trash.
    Geri, Apr 2, 2012
  4. Sonnich Jensen

    miso Guest

    > I dislike Win7 so much I'm thinking about going back to XP. My
    > brother-in-law moved to Apple. It blows my mind why so many reviewers
    > gave such positive reviews on this piece of trash.

    XP support in the future is of course limited.

    Overall win7 is great. Very stable. But it has many features that are
    not features in my book. Much can be turned off. Aero is just a pain in
    the ass. It is not like KDE where it goes aero only when a window is
    moved. But you can disable aero.

    Libraries is just terrible. No thanks, I can manage my files without MS
    helping me. I don't need another level of abstraction regarding the
    location of my data.

    The security features can be very annoying. Many programs need files to
    be edited, but if the file is under Programs, windows blocks notepad
    unless you started it with "run as administrator". So many old programs
    won't run unless they have the run as administrator privilege, which
    defeats the security.

    I'm not looking forward to Windows 8. I hope to run win7 for a long time.
    miso, Apr 2, 2012