oh.exe on 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Mike, Aug 9, 2007.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi -

    First, if there is a better newsgroup for this question, please advise.

    When I run oh.exe on our IA64 system I get the following:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>oh
    //
    // TIME: 2007-08-09 16:09
    // MACHINE: P540
    // BUILD: 3790
    // OH version: built by: dnsrv_dev(v-smgum)
    //
    //
    OH2: Unable to query system object information.

    I have a feeling this is because the Windows Resource kit is not supported
    on 64 bit platforms.

    Are there any command line tools out there that can display handle
    information similar to oh.exe, that will run on 64 bit systems (IA64 in
    particular)?

    I have already tried MS/SysInternals handle.exe, and that, while being
    supported for x64 is not able to run on IA64.

    Thanks!
    Mike

    Mike, Aug 9, 2007

  2. you're in the right newsgroup, but I honestly don't know of a solution for
    IA64.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 9, 2007

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Thanks, I hope there is a solution. We need to investigate handle leaks,
    and we use a tool like OH or handle.exe (plus some scripting) extesnsively
    on x86, and it is a shame not to have something similar for IA64!

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 9, 2007
  4. Mike

    nmbill Guest

    In case you're still looking.

    Process Explorer works on Windows 9x/Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000
    Windows XP, Server 2003, and 64-bit versions of Windows for x64 an
    IA64 processors, and Windows Vista.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.asp

    --
    nmbil