    1. Advertising

  2. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    Robert Coe, Dec 7, 2012

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Re: Oh dear! Fewer intact pet pictures, whatever shall we do??!

    On Dec 7, 11:44 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 23:25:13 -0800 (PST), RichA <> wrote:
    >
    > :http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/05/technology/mobile/twitter-instagram/
    >
    > Who, other than the officers and board members of the International Society of
    > Time Wasters, would give a crap?
    >
    > Bob

    The other day, I saw a documentary about a man who goes out and spends
    days and weeks on salt flats in Australia, photographing them with and
    8x10 view camera. If an 2 aliens landed on different spots on this
    planet, one saw the camera phone clods and that guy, they would be
    near sure they'd both landed on different planets.

    RichA, Dec 8, 2012
  4. Re: Oh dear! Fewer intact pet pictures, whatever shall we do??!

    RichA <> wrote:
    >The other day, I saw a documentary about a man who goes out and spends
    >days and weeks on salt flats in Australia, photographing them with and
    >8x10 view camera.

    Did he explain why he did that? To what purpose?

    Anthony Polson, Dec 8, 2012
  5. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 23:35:08 -0800 (PST), RichA <> wrote:
    : On Dec 7, 11:44 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    : >
    :
    : The other day, I saw a documentary about a man who goes out and spends
    : days and weeks on salt flats in Australia, photographing them with and
    : 8x10 view camera. If an 2 aliens landed on different spots on this
    : planet, one saw the camera phone clods and that guy, they would be
    : near sure they'd both landed on different planets.

    Yet the guy and the clods might be judged as wasting time with equal
    effectiveness. Are the Australian salt flats really so photogenic that one
    needs weeks' worth of pictures thereof? Even Ansel Adams didn't spend all of
    his time in the Yosemite Valley.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Dec 8, 2012