Oh dear Bruce

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, May 9, 2005.

  1. Not the most ideal publicity.

    NZ Herald Tuesday
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=5&ObjectID=10124648

    Internet commentator and jet-engine builder Bruce Simpson is under
    investigation for allegedly failing to deliver CDs sold on his website.

    The Commerce Commission is processing two complaints against Simpson -
    who made headlines a few years ago by building a cruise missile in his
    shed - and has forwarded one for investigation to the Auckland police
    fraud squad.

    "In order to sort things out, I've organised for the disks to be shipped
    from the USA now, rather than from NZ ... I'm assured that everything
    will be sorted within the next week or so and that all outstanding
    orders have been shipped or reshipped."

    That explanation repeats what Simpson wrote in an April 7 posting on one
    of his website's message boards.

    "Having now been give advice on how to ship them so that they all
    arrive, I'm sending out a fistful of CDs on Monday [April 11] to replace
    those that have gone astray ... 7-10 day delivery times have been promised."

    Alan Needham, in Lincolnshire, England, says he ordered his CD nine
    months ago and, despite what Simpson says, has "just about given up
    hope" of receiving it.
    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, May 9, 2005

  2. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    JedMeister Guest

    "-=[Waylon Smithers]=-" <lifestyles_choice@springfield_nuclear_plant.com>
    wrote in message news:d5olm4$v7d$...
    > Not the most ideal publicity.
    >
    > NZ Herald Tuesday
    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=5&ObjectID=10124648
    >
    > Internet commentator and jet-engine builder Bruce Simpson is under
    > investigation for allegedly failing to deliver CDs sold on his website.
    >
    > The Commerce Commission is processing two complaints against Simpson - who
    > made headlines a few years ago by building a cruise missile in his shed -
    > and has forwarded one for investigation to the Auckland police fraud
    > squad.
    >
    > "In order to sort things out, I've organised for the disks to be shipped
    > from the USA now, rather than from NZ ... I'm assured that everything will
    > be sorted within the next week or so and that all outstanding orders have
    > been shipped or reshipped."
    >
    > That explanation repeats what Simpson wrote in an April 7 posting on one
    > of his website's message boards.
    >
    > "Having now been give advice on how to ship them so that they all arrive,
    > I'm sending out a fistful of CDs on Monday [April 11] to replace those
    > that have gone astray ... 7-10 day delivery times have been promised."
    >
    > Alan Needham, in Lincolnshire, England, says he ordered his CD nine months
    > ago and, despite what Simpson says, has "just about given up hope" of
    > receiving it.

    Yeah, but, they did not give Bruce a chance to comment before printing this
    blatantly one sided article. Seems very unfair to me and in fact, the NZ
    Herald should now be obliged to print the other side of the story. .

    If you read todays aardvark column it shows that in cases of delivery
    difficulties these people had the option of downloading the info. After
    all, it is the information they are buying, not the disk.
    JedMeister, May 10, 2005

  3. > Yeah, but, they did not give Bruce a chance to comment before printing this
    > blatantly one sided article. Seems very unfair to me and in fact, the NZ
    > Herald should now be obliged to print the other side of the story. .
    >
    > If you read todays aardvark column it shows that in cases of delivery
    > difficulties these people had the option of downloading the info. After
    > all, it is the information they are buying, not the disk.

    I've kinda gone off Bruce's commentary lately - there's always something
    to complain about and a suggestion about a better way of doing things.

    There's always going to be 2 sides to every story - for sure ! - but I
    always wonder if people would act in the same way if the shoe was on the
    other foot. Take his US manufactured glasses for example. Should anyone
    who provides a product of choice to a paying customer really get annoyed
    at the customer's choice ?

    As Bruce says today :

    "James Dowcra is quoted by the NZ Herald as saying that he'd "just like
    to get the CD" -- well hell James, I'd just like to get you a copy but
    the NZ Herald's somewhat one-sided story will likely make that even more
    difficult.

    Quite frankly, I don't need these hassles right now so I'm no longer
    going to be making the disks available - although I will make sure that
    anyone who has requested one but not yet received it will indeed be
    sorted. "
    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, May 10, 2005
  4. In early 2000, Bruce Simpson's site, Aardvark, put on a competition. A
    prize (an Intellimouse Explorer) had been offered by the sponsor,
    Microsoft NZ. I won the competition, but didn't receive the prize.
    When I contacted Bruce, he did all he could to get Microsoft to cough
    up, including vistiing Microsoft. Microsoft still didn't supply the
    promised item, so Bruce stumped up for the prize himself.

    That's the kind of guy Bruce is. That's the kind of company Microsoft
    is.

    ka kite
    Steve
    Steve Marshall, May 10, 2005
  5. "Steve Marshall" <> wrote in message
    > In early 2000, Bruce Simpson's site, Aardvark, put on a competition. A
    > prize (an Intellimouse Explorer) had been offered by the sponsor,
    > Microsoft NZ. I won the competition, but didn't receive the prize.
    > When I contacted Bruce, he did all he could to get Microsoft to cough
    > up, including vistiing Microsoft. Microsoft still didn't supply the
    > promised item, so Bruce stumped up for the prize himself.
    >
    > That's the kind of guy Bruce is. That's the kind of company Microsoft
    > is.
    >
    > ka kite
    > Steve

    FWIW, I have had a number of dealings with Bruce over the 7.5 years I've
    been with MSNZ and he has never mentioned this incident to me. All it would
    have taken was an email or phone call and I could have fixed it within a few
    days. Apologies for the screwup.

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ
    Brett Roberts, May 10, 2005
  6. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "JedMeister" <> wrote in message

    > If you read todays aardvark column it shows that in cases of delivery
    > difficulties these people had the option of downloading the info. After
    > all, it is the information they are buying, not the disk.

    The question must be asked why these info cd's are going missing?????

    Men in Black again?
    Craig Sutton, May 10, 2005
  7. Hi there,

    Brett Roberts wrote:
    > "Steve Marshall" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In early 2000, Bruce Simpson's site, Aardvark, put on a competition. A
    >>prize (an Intellimouse Explorer) had been offered by the sponsor,
    >>Microsoft NZ. I won the competition, but didn't receive the prize.
    >>When I contacted Bruce, he did all he could to get Microsoft to cough
    >>up, including vistiing Microsoft. Microsoft still didn't supply the
    >>promised item, so Bruce stumped up for the prize himself.
    >>
    >>That's the kind of guy Bruce is. That's the kind of company Microsoft
    >>is.
    >>
    >>ka kite
    >>Steve

    > FWIW, I have had a number of dealings with Bruce over the 7.5 years I've
    > been with MSNZ and he has never mentioned this incident to me. All it would
    > have taken was an email or phone call and I could have fixed it within a few
    > days. Apologies for the screwup.

    </damage control mode>

    So can you make this up to Bruce? It seems he may need some help to fix
    a relatively trivial matter. Just thought I'd ask since MS seems more
    than happy to help with some other trivial matters (software patents)...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, May 10, 2005
  8. The mouse that roared

    "Brett Roberts" <> wrote:
    >FWIW, I have had a number of dealings with Bruce over the 7.5 years I've
    >been with MSNZ and he has never mentioned this incident to me. All it would
    >have taken was an email or phone call and I could have fixed it within a few
    >days. Apologies for the screwup.
    >
    >Brett Roberts
    >Microsoft NZ

    Hi Brett,

    Thanks for your offered apology. Maybe you and Bruce will have an
    opportunity sometime to figure out what happened. In case you and he
    do want to do that, here's what happened, from my point of view:

    On 19/01/2000 my vote was drawn at random from those submitted in the
    1999 Aardvark Awards, and I won the mouse. Bruce told me then that
    he'd forwarded my details to Microsoft and that it would contact me to
    organise the delivery of my prize. I was to contact Bruce if anything
    went wrong.

    I emailed Bruce a few times to say nothing was happening, and on 27
    February Bruce said he'd drop in to Microsoft to sort the problem out.
    For some months after that, there was a problem in communicating with
    Bruce because I was emailing him at editor(a)7am.com and the domain
    had been sold. When I finally caught up with Bruce, in late August, he
    informed me that he'd given up -- and he paid for the prize out of his
    own pocket.

    I still have the email correspondence, which is why I
    can be sure of the sequence of events, and the timing.

    Obviously, what Bruce has or hasn't said to Microsoft is now "in
    dispute".

    But this is not the only dealing I've had with Microsoft that has left
    a negative impression:

    1. I remember dutifully sending off a product questionnaire sheet,
    simply because there was a free mousepad on offer. When no mousepad
    appeared I contacted Microsoft -- to be told that the offer didn't
    apply in NZ, even though the questionnaire made no mention of the
    exclusion. I'm certain because I checked an un-sent copy.

    2. I bought some software from Microsoft's short-lived online shop
    because the price was ludicrously low. A day or two later, I was
    tersely informed that there had been a mistake in the price and that
    the sale wouldn't be going ahead. Yet I'd gone though a series of
    online forms and I felt that Microsoft's offer to treat had well and
    truly been accepted by me and confirmed by Microsoft.

    I may just be whinging, but it's precisely that history of being
    mistreated that led me to believe Bruce when he said that he'd done
    his best to get the prize to me.

    As I've said, if you'd like to follow this up with Bruce and get to
    the bottom of it, then that's just great. He's the one who may be out
    of pocket.

    And I accept that I'm relying almost entirely on Bruce's version of
    events. I'm glad that neither Helen Clark nor the judicial system are
    involved in this potential defamation case!

    ka kite
    Steve
    Steve Marshall, May 10, 2005
  9. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: The mouse that roared

> [...]

    > because the price was ludicrously low. A day or two later, I was
    > tersely informed that there had been a mistake in the price and that
    > the sale wouldn't be going ahead. Yet I'd gone though a series of
    > online forms and I felt that Microsoft's offer to treat had well and
    > truly been accepted by me and confirmed by Microsoft.
    >
    > I may just be whinging, but it's precisely that history of being
    > mistreated that led me to believe Bruce when he said that he'd done
    > his best to get the prize to me.
    >
    > As I've said, if you'd like to follow this up with Bruce and get to
    > the bottom of it, then that's just great. He's the one who may be out
    > of pocket.
    >
    > And I accept that I'm relying almost entirely on Bruce's version of
    > events. I'm glad that neither Helen Clark nor the judicial system are
    > involved in this potential defamation case!

    Bruce is quite a personality. He's also got himself and his family in the
    shit in more ways than one. His dreams and EGO have damn near cost him
    everything. Bruce fucked up his taxes for a start. Ended up going from
    owning a large property to renting all because he's a piss poor business
    manager.
    Many people have heard the story how the government pulled a multi million
    dollar business right from under Bruce's feet. A business that was nothing
    more than a hope and a dream, but also and more important of all a business
    that was going to be run by a guy who has no idea of how to run a business
    and how to keep his head above water.
    Even his exciting idea of a Pulse Jet drag car will most likely be another
    disaster because it's not being built by qualfied to engineers, it will also
    need an experienced driver to keep the thing pointed straight at the high
    speeds that it might be capable of doing. About 200 mph at the end of the
    quarter mile and still accelerating should be a realistic expectation of it.
    But Bruce is building and driving it all by himself - very scary considering
    that Bruce has no experience of Drag racing apart from watching it now and
    then.

    The last tragedy Bruce had was when his rented house was burgled. Who does
    he blame apart from the burglar for piss poor security? His landlord of
    course. Any fool can fit window locks from the Warehouse if they really
    want to, same with some kind of security system.

    As for you being owed a mouse - shit these things must've gone up in price
    if you think Microsoft wouldn't honour giving a fucking mouse away that they
    had agreed to do through Bruce's competition?
    Microsoft (NZ) has a good long giving products away through proper well
    organised and well published promotions, and not once has there been a
    problem at Microsoft.

    Despite some of the anti Microsoft bullshit around here, Brett and Nathan
    have offered plenty of help to those that want it, and it's not because they
    were even asked to do so.

    You haven't seen Bruce in the newsgroups for many months now. His EGO can't
    stand rejection from the few that happen to speak against him. When he was
    in the newsgroups it was only to drum support for his website which he kept
    promoting when he could, and his own controlled forum.

    Either Bruce originally lost your prize, gave it away to someone else, or
    ended up using for himself - you were most likely meant to have forgotten
    all about it after enough excuses from Bruce over the cheap mouse.

    As likeable as Bruce is, he's also unreliable and has no good
    business/finances sense what so ever. Go back and look at all of Bruce's
    life changing events caused by **** up after **** up mainly when it came to
    his business and household finances.
    Your lack of a mouse was just another little **** up. Any other Net
    outfit... Net Guide or PC World that didn't deliver promised prizes, Bruce
    would've dragged them over the coals for it. He's quick to criticise
    everyone but himself, even including his own landlord.

    Microsoft NZ has given away thousands of dollars of products. That fact
    speaks for itself. Giving Bruce a few free goodies with the understanding
    they were going to be free prizes wouldn't have been a problem.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, May 10, 2005
  10. Re: The mouse that roared

    "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote:
    Scrooge wrote:
    >Brett and Nathan
    >have offered plenty of help to those that want it, and it's not because they
    >were even asked to do so.

    I'm sure you're right. Brett has already listened and put the matter
    right as far as I'm concerned.

    cheers
    Steve
    Steve Marshall, May 10, 2005
  11. Re: The mouse that roared

    E. Scrooge said the following on 10/05/2005 10:36 p.m.:
    > "Steve Marshall" <> wrote in message

    Big snipped lot

    > Bruce is quite a personality. He's also got himself and his family in the
    > shit in more ways than one. His dreams and EGO have damn near cost him
    > everything. Bruce fucked up his taxes for a start. Ended up going from
    > owning a large property to renting all because he's a piss poor business
    > manager.
    > Many people have heard the story how the government pulled a multi million
    > dollar business right from under Bruce's feet. A business that was nothing
    > more than a hope and a dream, but also and more important of all a business
    > that was going to be run by a guy who has no idea of how to run a business
    > and how to keep his head above water.
    > Even his exciting idea of a Pulse Jet drag car will most likely be another
    > disaster because it's not being built by qualfied to engineers, it will also
    > need an experienced driver to keep the thing pointed straight at the high
    > speeds that it might be capable of doing. About 200 mph at the end of the
    > quarter mile and still accelerating should be a realistic expectation of it.
    > But Bruce is building and driving it all by himself - very scary considering
    > that Bruce has no experience of Drag racing apart from watching it now and
    > then.
    >
    > The last tragedy Bruce had was when his rented house was burgled. Who does
    > he blame apart from the burglar for piss poor security? His landlord of
    > course. Any fool can fit window locks from the Warehouse if they really
    > want to, same with some kind of security system.

    It is the landlords responsibility to provide a secure
    rental property, Bruce had asked him to install proper
    secure window catches.

    > As for you being owed a mouse - shit these things must've gone up in price
    > if you think Microsoft wouldn't honour giving a fucking mouse away that they
    > had agreed to do through Bruce's competition?
    > Microsoft (NZ) has a good long giving products away through proper well
    > organised and well published promotions, and not once has there been a
    > problem at Microsoft.

    More snips

    > Either Bruce originally lost your prize, gave it away to someone else, or
    > ended up using for himself - you were most likely meant to have forgotten
    > all about it after enough excuses from Bruce over the cheap mouse.
    >
    > As likeable as Bruce is, he's also unreliable and has no good
    > business/finances sense what so ever. Go back and look at all of Bruce's
    > life changing events caused by **** up after **** up mainly when it came to
    > his business and household finances.
    > Your lack of a mouse was just another little **** up. Any other Net
    > outfit... Net Guide or PC World that didn't deliver promised prizes, Bruce
    > would've dragged them over the coals for it. He's quick to criticise
    > everyone but himself, even including his own landlord.

    But Bruce did deliver the prize, maybe not quickly and
    according to the OP not from MS but paid for by himself.
    Just one little error in your rant that discredits your
    entire post.

    > Microsoft NZ has given away thousands of dollars of products. That fact
    > speaks for itself. Giving Bruce a few free goodies with the understanding
    > they were going to be free prizes wouldn't have been a problem.
    >

    > E. Scrooge

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Pictorial Amusement from the web at
    http://nzcollector.blogspot.com
    Collector»NZ, May 10, 2005
  12. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: The mouse that roared

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge said the following on 10/05/2005 10:36 p.m.:
    > > "Steve Marshall" <> wrote in message

    > Big snipped lot
    > >

    > > Bruce is quite a personality. He's also got himself and his family in

    the
    > > shit in more ways than one. His dreams and EGO have damn near cost him
    > > everything. Bruce fucked up his taxes for a start. Ended up going

    from
    > > owning a large property to renting all because he's a piss poor business
    > > manager.
    > > Many people have heard the story how the government pulled a multi

    million
    > > dollar business right from under Bruce's feet. A business that was

    nothing
    > > more than a hope and a dream, but also and more important of all a

    business
    > > that was going to be run by a guy who has no idea of how to run a

    business
    > > and how to keep his head above water.
    > > Even his exciting idea of a Pulse Jet drag car will most likely be

    another
    > > disaster because it's not being built by qualfied to engineers, it will

    also
    > > need an experienced driver to keep the thing pointed straight at the

    high
    > > speeds that it might be capable of doing. About 200 mph at the end of

    the
    > > quarter mile and still accelerating should be a realistic expectation of

    it.
    > > But Bruce is building and driving it all by himself - very scary

    considering
    > > that Bruce has no experience of Drag racing apart from watching it now

    and
    > > then.
    > >
    > > The last tragedy Bruce had was when his rented house was burgled. Who

    does
    > > he blame apart from the burglar for piss poor security? His landlord of
    > > course. Any fool can fit window locks from the Warehouse if they really
    > > want to, same with some kind of security system.

    > It is the landlords responsibility to provide a secure
    > rental property, Bruce had asked him to install proper
    > secure window catches.

    Bruce didn't have to rent that place. The problem was hardly a great one
    and one that Bruce couldn't have fixed himself if he wanted to feel a bit
    more secure in it.

    > > As for you being owed a mouse - shit these things must've gone up in

    price
    > > if you think Microsoft wouldn't honour giving a fucking mouse away that

    they
    > > had agreed to do through Bruce's competition?
    > > Microsoft (NZ) has a good long giving products away through proper well
    > > organised and well published promotions, and not once has there been a
    > > problem at Microsoft.
    > >

    > More snips
    > >
    > > Either Bruce originally lost your prize, gave it away to someone else,

    or
    > > ended up using for himself - you were most likely meant to have

    forgotten
    > > all about it after enough excuses from Bruce over the cheap mouse.

    > But Bruce did deliver the prize, maybe not quickly and
    > according to the OP not from MS but paid for by himself.
    > Just one little error in your rant that discredits your
    > entire post.

    Even if Bruce did pay for a mouse that doesn't mean that Bruce never got a
    free mouse from Microsoft to begin with as agreed for Bruce's competition.

    Also if Microsoft had let Bruce down over any prizes for his little
    competition, you can bet that Bruce would've made plenty of noises about it
    on his website in one of editorials.

    Bruce is quick to jump if any other outfits competition prizes turn to shit,
    he's also quick to jump over any delays in any fresh news on other websites
    or problems on other websites.

    I've had contact from Brett in the past trying to help someone's computer
    problem that I had posted in this group at that time. It was quite a
    surprise, as I never asked Brett about the problem myself. It says a lot
    for the guy that would take the time to choose to email someone to help sort
    out a problem.
    If Bruce had contacted Brett about the mouse, I'm quite sure it would've
    been quickly sorted out. Just the posting history from Microsoft NZ and
    their nationwide product promotions through many retail stores round the
    country proves that.

    Brett didn't have to bother doing a post about some competition over a
    missing mouse that happened years ago according to the claims. Which also
    proves that contact with Microsoft NZ isn't that hard as was suggested in
    the problems that Bruce had claimed to Steve over a cheap mouse. If Steve
    hadn't kept contacting Bruce he wouldn't have got a mouse at all by the
    sounds of it.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, May 10, 2005
  13. Re: The mouse that roared

    In article <>, Bret <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:36:03 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    >(*sling)> wrote:
    >
    >>Despite some of the anti Microsoft bullshit around here, Brett and Nathan
    >>have offered plenty of help to those that want it, and it's not because they
    >>were even asked to do so.

    >They get paid for it.

    Perhaps ... but they don't have to do it in such a good natured way :)
    Pay increase anyone ? :) :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, May 10, 2005
  14. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Bret Guest

    Re: The mouse that roared

    (*sling)> wrote:

    >Despite some of the anti Microsoft bullshit around here, Brett and Nathan
    >have offered plenty of help to those that want it, and it's not because they
    >were even asked to do so.

    They get paid for it.
    Bret, May 10, 2005
  15. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: The mouse that roared

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:36:03 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    > (*sling)> wrote:
    >
    > >Despite some of the anti Microsoft bullshit around here, Brett and Nathan
    > >have offered plenty of help to those that want it, and it's not because

    they
    > >were even asked to do so.

    > They get paid for it.

    eh?

    Strangely enough most employed people actually get paid.

    Any information and help they give people here is all free, no one here pays
    a thing for it.

    That'll be 5 bucks thanks. I didn't say I never charge when people reply to
    me.
    ;-)

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, May 10, 2005
  16. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Shane Guest

    Re: The mouse that roared

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:39:21 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > "Bret" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:36:03 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    >> (*sling)> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Despite some of the anti Microsoft bullshit around here, Brett and Nathan
    >> >have offered plenty of help to those that want it, and it's not because

    > they
    >> >were even asked to do so.

    >> They get paid for it.

    > eh?
    >
    > Strangely enough most employed people actually get paid.
    >
    > Any information and help they give people here is all free, no one here pays
    > a thing for it.
    >
    > That'll be 5 bucks thanks. I didn't say I never charge when people reply to
    > me.
    > ;-)
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    er no, what bret meant was Nathan and Brett are paid by microsoft (most
    likely from the PR budget) to provide 'help' here, and to improve
    microsofts image in this newsgroup
    I think Sun also has this policy of 'helping' people in sun or solaris
    related NewsGroups
    Its good PR, it gives a human face to the corporations,
    as long as they stay away from flame fests that is :)

    Shane, May 10, 2005
  17. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Bret Guest

    Re: The mouse that roared

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:47:44 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:39:21 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:
    >

    >> "Bret" <> wrote in message

    >> they
    >>>
    >>> They get paid for it.

    >> eh?
    >>
    >> Strangely enough most employed people actually get paid.
    >>
    >> Any information and help they give people here is all free, no one here pays
    >> a thing for it.
    >>
    >> That'll be 5 bucks thanks. I didn't say I never charge when people reply to
    >> me.
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge

    >er no, what bret meant was Nathan and Brett are paid by microsoft (most
    >likely from the PR budget) to provide 'help' here, and to improve
    >microsofts image in this newsgroup
    >I think Sun also has this policy of 'helping' people in sun or solaris
    >related NewsGroups
    >Its good PR, it gives a human face to the corporations,
    >as long as they stay away from flame fests that is :)

    They can and will spit the dummy if provoked :)
    I recall Nathan having a go at Roger once.
    Bret, May 11, 2005
  18. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Bret Guest

    Re: The mouse that roared

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:39:21 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    >"Bret" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:36:03 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    >> (*sling)> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Despite some of the anti Microsoft bullshit around here, Brett and Nathan
    >> >have offered plenty of help to those that want it, and it's not because

    >they
    >> >were even asked to do so.

    >> They get paid for it.

    >eh?
    >
    >Strangely enough most employed people actually get paid.
    >
    >Any information and help they give people here is all free, no one here pays
    >a thing for it.
    >
    >That'll be 5 bucks thanks. I didn't say I never charge when people reply to
    >me.
    >;-)
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    They post here during work hours and are paid by MS.
    Your bucks are in the paddock with a doe :)
    Bret, May 11, 2005
  19. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    steven Guest

    Re: The mouse that roared

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:03:23 +1200, Bret wrote:

    > On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:39:21 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    > (*sling)> wrote:
    >

    >>"Bret" <> wrote in message

    >>they
    >>>
    >>> They get paid for it.

    >>eh?
    >>
    >>Strangely enough most employed people actually get paid.
    >>
    >>Any information and help they give people here is all free, no one here pays
    >>a thing for it.
    >>
    >>That'll be 5 bucks thanks. I didn't say I never charge when people reply to
    >>me.
    >>;-)
    >>
    >>E. Scrooge
    >>

    > They post here during work hours and are paid by MS.
    > Your bucks are in the paddock with a doe :)

    i dont see many other companys posting here on any regular basis

    iirc the only other ones would be Seeby from Orcon and the Wood Brothers
    back in their days of running ihug.

    personally you couldnt pay me enough to have to deal with some of the
    shitheads in this group.

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Steven H (.net geek)
    steven, May 11, 2005
  20. Re: The mouse that roared

    In article <>, Bret <> wrote:
    (snip)
    >They can and will spit the dummy if provoked :)
    >I recall Nathan having a go at Roger once.

    Tho to be fair, no court in the land would convict them for that :)

    Bruce

    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)