    protected.
    is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

    , Jun 14, 2004

  2. kaydigi Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I just got a copy of o brother from my local library and it isnt copy
    > protected.
    > is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

    How can you tell?

    kaydigi, Jun 14, 2004

  3. kaydigi Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > kaydigi wrote:
    >
    > > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I just got a copy of o brother from my local library and it isnt copy
    > >>protected.
    > >>is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

    > > How can you tell?

    > ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
    >
    > Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

    Didn't want to accuse someone.

    kaydigi, Jun 14, 2004

    Derek Janssen, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:37:49 GMT, "kaydigi"
    <> wrote:

    >"Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    >> kaydigi wrote:
    >>
    >> > <> wrote in message

    >> > How can you tell?

    >> ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
    >>
    >> Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

    >Didn't want to accuse someone.

    i copied it. accuse ? you sound like the kind of person who condones
    torture and assassination by your govt but want to hang people for
    bootlegging DVDs.

    , Jun 15, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > i copied it. accuse ? you sound like the kind of person who condones
    > torture and assassination by your govt but want to hang people for
    > bootlegging DVDs.

    Oh **** off you dickhead. I hate with you little Dutch cunts bring
    politics into shit like this. **** you. You know you got the disc from
    the library to make yourself a copy you little fucker. You're a lying
    prick if you deny it.

    Urra Dipschitt, Jun 15, 2004
  7. Justin Guest

    wrote on [Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:16:43 +0100]:
    > On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:37:49 GMT, "kaydigi"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message

    >>> ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
    >>>
    >>> Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

    >>Didn't want to accuse someone.
    >>

    > i copied it.

    So, you stole it.

    > accuse ?

    This person refrained from accusing you, you fucking moron.

    > you sound like the kind of person who condones
    > torture and assassination by your govt but want to hang people for
    > bootlegging DVDs.

    Hanging is a bit much, fining them would work.

    Justin, Jun 15, 2004
  8. Derek Janssen wrote:

    > kaydigi wrote:
    >
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I just got a copy of o brother from my local library and it isnt copy
    >>> protected.
    >>> is that film not copy protected by the studios ?

    >> How can you tell?

    > ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
    >
    > Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

    You generalizing little prick! Right, there's no piracy going on the
    good old USA. Those cute FBI warnings are really working, right?

    l8er
    ronny

    Ronald Stoehr, Jun 15, 2004
  9. Biz Guest

    "Ronald Stoehr" <> wrote in message
    > Derek Janssen wrote:
    >
    > > kaydigi wrote:
    > >
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> How can you tell?

    > > ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
    > >
    > > Derek Janssen (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)
    > >

    > You generalizing little prick! Right, there's no piracy going on the
    > good old USA. Those cute FBI warnings are really working, right?
    >
    > l8er
    > ronny

    Well look who's complaining about his post...someone with a ".de"
    address...surpirse surprise. Sure there is piracy in the US, but its not
    near as rampant as it is in Western Europe espeically with file sharing and
    P2P networks

    Biz, Jun 15, 2004
  10. Ronald Stoehr wrote:

    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> How can you tell?

    >> ...Uh, how do you THINK he found out?--Check the address.
    >>
    >> (if it says ".nl" or ".de", it's *never* about purchase)

    > You generalizing little prick! Right, there's no piracy going on the
    > good old USA. Those cute FBI warnings are really working, right?

    ....Hey, at least we BUY disks in the US and go to theaters!

    Derek Janssen (I mean, what, do they actually *have* any working video
    stores or theaters in the Netherlands, or did they tear them all down to
    build fish canneries?)

    Derek Janssen, Jun 16, 2004
  11. >
    >...Hey, at least we BUY disks in the US and go to theaters!

    what's a "theater"?

    there weren't any movie theaters at all in the county that I was living in
    most recently here in the U.S.

    that's the county before the county that I'm living in now.

    I've moved counties again.

    Waterperson77, Jun 16, 2004
  12. Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:28:01 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >> i copied it. accuse ? you sound like the kind of person who condones
    >> torture and assassination by your govt but want to hang people for
    >> bootlegging DVDs.

    >Oh **** off you dickhead. I hate with you little Dutch cunts bring
    >politics into shit like this. **** you. You know you got the disc from
    >the library to make yourself a copy you little fucker. You're a lying
    >prick if you deny it.

    im not denying it i just dont see what the big fuss is all about. i
    pay for my local library and make good use of it :)
    its all about priorities and the US and its citizens have got them all
    wrong. a good working definition of fascism-totalitarianism-communism
    is criminalisation of the petty and trivial and acceptance of the
    unthinkable. that sums up the state of the US right now.
    why dont you throw all the bootleggers in prison and you can have 3
    million prisoners instead of just a paltry 2 million ?
    talk about the gulag archipelago.
    and the reason you have such a massive prison population is because
    you overly criminalise the trivial and excuse the unforgivable.

    BTW i am scottish and a proud son of the scottish enlightenment which
    surely must reach the US some day soon.

    , Jun 16, 2004
  13. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > im not denying it i just dont see what the big fuss is all about.

    Of course you don't you wanker - it's not your livelyhood being stolen
    by a fucking wanker Scot like yourself.

    > pay for my local library and make good use of it :)

    Ahahah...you're sooooo funny. Ahahahahahah...asshole

    > its all about priorities and the US and its citizens have got them all
    > wrong. a good working definition of fascism-totalitarianism-communism
    > is criminalisation of the petty and trivial and acceptance of the
    > unthinkable.

    Petty? Stealing property is petty. You really ARE a wanker.

    > that sums up the state of the US right now.

    Yeah, cuz you live here and see our day-to-day. Fuckwit.

    > why dont you throw all the bootleggers in prison and you can have 3
    > million prisoners instead of just a paltry 2 million ?
    > talk about the gulag archipelago.
    > and the reason you have such a massive prison population is because
    > you overly criminalise the trivial and excuse the unforgivable.

    Uh huh. I apologize. That's exactly how it is here. We kill our small
    children and participate in virgin sacrifice, too.

    You really are a media-fed idiot.

    > BTW i am scottish and a proud son of the scottish enlightenment which
    > surely must reach the US some day soon.

    "Scottish-enlightenment"! Now *that's* funny!

    Urra Dipschitt, Jun 16, 2004
  14. Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:08:31 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >> im not denying it i just dont see what the big fuss is all about.

    >Of course you don't you wanker - it's not your livelyhood being stolen
    >by a fucking wanker Scot like yourself.

    abu ghraib you beasts.

    , Jun 17, 2004
  15. wrote:

    >>Of course you don't you wanker - it's not your livelyhood being stolen
    >>by a fucking wanker Scot like yourself.

    > abu ghraib you beasts.

    [English as Second Language Lesson for the Day, 6/17:
    Saying "you beast(s)" tends to make one sound....kinda fruity.]

    Derek Janssen (generally considered to be in the same category as "you
    vicious brutes", although nominally more gender-role acceptable)

    Derek Janssen, Jun 18, 2004
  16. Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:57:48 -0700, Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >>
    >>>Of course you don't you wanker - it's not your livelyhood being stolen
    >>>by a fucking wanker Scot like yourself.

    >> abu ghraib you beasts.

    >[English as Second Language Lesson for the Day, 6/17:

    Since you yanks don't use English, date lesson for the day. 17/6:

    >Saying "you beast(s)" tends to make one sound....kinda fruity.]
    >
    >Derek Janssen (generally considered to be in the same category as "you
    >vicious brutes", although nominally more gender-role acceptable)

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Jun 18, 2004
  17. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > abu ghraib you beasts.

    You should know, dickless thief. STEAL! STEAL! STEAL!

    Urra Dipschitt, Jun 18, 2004
  18. In article <>,
    Barry OGrady <> wrote:

    > Since you yanks don't use English, date lesson for the day. 17/6:

    Spoken like someone who hasn't studied the history of the language.
    Figures.

    Urra Dipschitt, Jun 18, 2004