    disappears after a while. There is bound to be a freebie out there somewhere. Thanks much. cl.
    "remove 'z' from email address
    , Dec 27, 2003

  2. hyenapower Guest

    There is not bound to be one out there! Sorry, but bound is a silly word.
    Winzip free trial, will never prevent you from using it, will just tell you
    that its old. I have had it for a year. I know what I am doing is wrong, and
    I should pay for it, but I wanted to do something naughty. I'm bad! I hope
    that my !NFO can help. Hehe.

    the power of the hyena
    GO HYENAS! WHO WHO WHO
    <> wrote in message
    > In the past, I have downloaded several zip programs, and they would go

    'away in time', could you
    > 'direct me to a site where I can get a zip program for free, totally free,

    one that does not

    hyenapower, Dec 27, 2003

  3. bambam Guest

    wrote in

    > In the past, I have downloaded several zip programs, and they
    > would go 'away in time', could you
    > 'direct me to a site where I can get a zip program for free,
    > totally free, one that does not disappears after a while. There
    > is bound to be a freebie out there somewhere. Thanks much. cl.
    > "remove 'z' from email address

    Any of these four should do-

    http://www.pricelessware.org/2004/PL2004FILEUTILITIES.htm#Archives:%
    20Zip-Unzip

    or

    http://shorl.com/butiretafepi

    --
    If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again; it was
    probably worth it.
    bambam, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Dan Rather Guest

    IZarc is a program I have been using for about 1 year. It is free and
    it is a WinRar clone but only better. I has more features than WinZip
    and it allows you to password (encrypt) protect and SFX your
    archives. I could not believe that someone did not inform me of this
    earlier. I was stupid enough to buy a version of WinRar. The website
    is located here www.izsoft.dir.bg/

    Brief description from the author, IZArc is the ultimate archive
    utility suports many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ,
    B64, BH, BZ2, BZA, CAB, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, JAR, LHA,
    LIB, LZH, MBF, MIM, PAK, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ,
    TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO. With a modern easy-to-use
    interface, IZArc provides support for most compressed and encoded
    files, as well as access to many powerful features and tools. It
    allows you to drag and drop files from and to Windows Explorer, create
    and extract archives directly in Windows Explorer, create multiple
    archives spanning disks, creating self-extracting archives, repair
    damaged zip archives, converting from one archive type to another,
    view and write comments and many more. IZArc has also build-in
    multilanguage support.
    IZArc is the most complete archive utility available today.

    Dan Rather, Dec 27, 2003