    through, say Slashdot, while not connected to the internet. Is this
    possible with the standard browser or are there any FOSS options to add in ?

    Thanks

    Kev, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Kev

    Moz Champion Guest

    Kev wrote:
    > I know that IE allows users to cache web sites for offline access. I'd like
    > to use Firefox (currently using 1.0.3) to cache in this way so that I can go
    > through, say Slashdot, while not connected to the internet. Is this
    > possible with the standard browser or are there any FOSS options to add in ?
    >
    > Thanks

    File-->Work Offline

    It allows you to work offline with web pages you have previously viewed

    Moz Champion, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Kev

    Guest

    <snip>

    > File-->Work Offline
    >
    > It allows you to work offline with web pages you have previously

    viewed

    Thanks but I would like to be able to do what IE does and get the pages
    cached as a 'batch job' and then read offline. Maybe it has to be IE ?

    , Apr 19, 2005
  4. Kev

    Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >>File-->Work Offline
    >>
    >>It allows you to work offline with web pages you have previously

    > viewed
    >
    > Thanks but I would like to be able to do what IE does and get the pages
    > cached as a 'batch job' and then read offline. Maybe it has to be IE ?

    Um, thats what you do
    Go to the pages you want to view.
    Then File-->Work Offline

    you can read the pages offline.