offline folders & CSCCMD v1.1 utility...

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?SkFC?=, Jun 7, 2006.

  1. Hello:

    I have a few problems with the offline folders and hope someone can help me
    resolve my issues:

    My configuration is: 2003 server (Std Ed) with Win XP Pro (SP2) laptops
    with redirected My Documents folders to home directory shares on the server.
    The home directory is a root share and the CACHE config is set to: only cache
    files the user specifies.

    1. I have recently changed their My Document redirection from
    \\server\Share\user_folder to \\server\user_folder_share and need to clear
    out the offline folder cache on each laptop to get rid of synch errors & old
    connections. What is the best way to do this? I try to delete the old
    cached folders from Offline tab (and they do delete) however when the user
    logs out and back in the old connection returns.

    I have also read tech article 884739, can one of the MS support people
    please send me the CSCCMD v 1.1 utility or give me a link to download it.

    2. Each laptop user is not able to specify which files they want to synch -
    the option is grayed-out (and enabled) and they are left with having
    everything synchronize and no options to remove/uncache anything. Any ideas
    on why this is happening? The user's home directory share is set so that
    they should be able to choose which files to cache? Would this be cause by
    them synchronizing from the old setup (\\server\share\user_folder) and not
    properly clearing out the old synch folders? Is there a GPO I need to set to
    enable this option or that is over-riding this option?

    Thanks in advance!
    Jeff

    =?Utf-8?B?SkFC?=, Jun 7, 2006

  2. Sorry, just noticed I posted to the wrong forum. I have reposted on the
    correct one, please disregard.

    Thanks!
    Jeff

    =?Utf-8?B?SkFC?=, Jun 7, 2006