Offline Files

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Mike Benton, May 2, 2007.

  1. Mike Benton

    Mike Benton Guest

    My laptop (Centrino Duo2 2.0, 2GB RAM Vista Ultimate x64) runs at 100% while
    at home. I have found this is because of my offline files. I have a desktop
    with an external drive connected and shared. All of my media (about 30GB) is
    here. I have selected this share for offline files on my laptop.

    There are two problems with this:

    1) Every time I sync my computer a .tmp file (the exact size of an
    existing file) is created in the same directory. So, if I have 6 image files
    in a directory....after I sync I will have 12 total files (6 jpg's and 6
    tmp's). The size of the directory will be twice as large. The next time it
    syncs I have 18 files (6 jpg's and 12 tmp's).....and so on. I have about
    3,500 mp3's and about 750 images. On this device there are now about 20,000
    files.....must of them .tmp files.

    2) I'm guessing that because of this, every time my computer plugs into
    the network at home, my computer runs at 100% on both CPU's.

    Please help!

    Mike
    Mike Benton, May 2, 2007