OFFICIAL: Nikon D700 and SB-900

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cynicor, Jul 1, 2008.

  1. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Cynicor

    Jufi Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    > Press releases dated July 1, on Nikon USA.
    >
    > http://press.nikonusa.com/2008/07/the_agile_new_nikon_d700_fxfor.php

    Three years later, Nikon introduces a competitor for the 5D, and then
    charges $3K for it? Really? One born every minute, I guess. I guess "FX"
    stands for Fucking Xpensive.

    Jufi, Jul 1, 2008

  3. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Jufi wrote:

    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >> Press releases dated July 1, on Nikon USA.
    >>
    >> http://press.nikonusa.com/2008/07/the_agile_new_nikon_d700_fxfor.php

    > Three years later, Nikon introduces a competitor for the 5D, and then
    > charges $3K for it? Really? One born every minute, I guess. I guess "FX"
    > stands for Fucking Xpensive.

    The 5D is the one that can go all the way up to ISO 3200 if you push it,
    right?

    Cynicor, Jul 1, 2008
  4. Cynicor

    Jufi Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    > Jufi wrote:
    >>
    >> "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >>> Press releases dated July 1, on Nikon USA.
    >>>
    >>> http://press.nikonusa.com/2008/07/the_agile_new_nikon_d700_fxfor.php

    >> Three years later, Nikon introduces a competitor for the 5D, and then
    >> charges $3K for it? Really? One born every minute, I guess. I guess "FX"
    >> stands for Fucking Xpensive.

    > The 5D is the one that can go all the way up to ISO 3200 if you push it,
    > right?

    Yes, the D700 has a few features over the 5D, but that's to be expected when
    a camera has the benefit of an additional three years of development, isn't
    it? But while it has a few features that the 5D has, it certainly is not a
    quantum leap over the 5D. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed with it.

    Jufi, Jul 1, 2008
  5. Cynicor

    Jufi Guest

    "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > Jufi wrote:
    >
    >>> Press releases dated July 1, on Nikon USA.
    >>>
    >>> http://press.nikonusa.com/2008/07/the_agile_new_nikon_d700_fxfor.php

    >> Three years later, Nikon introduces a competitor for the 5D, and then
    >> charges $3K for it? Really? One born every minute, I guess. I guess
    >> "FX" stands for Fucking Xpensive.

    > This is great news for 5D owners since at least now they will be getting
    > AF
    > back for all their wonderful Nikkors. When Canon introduces the 5D MkII
    > it
    > will still be at a severe disadvantage since Canon offers no useable
    > lenses
    > for it. As usual, I'm hoping Canon gets off their collective asses and
    > introduces something that can compete with Nikon.

    Truly, anyone stupid enough to buy a Canon body and Nikon glass isn't worth
    mentioning. Especially fat-assed trolls.

    Jufi, Jul 1, 2008
  6. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Jufi wrote:

    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >> Jufi wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Cynicor" <> wrote in message

    >>> Three years later, Nikon introduces a competitor for the 5D, and then
    >>> charges $3K for it? Really? One born every minute, I guess. I guess
    >>> "FX" stands for Fucking Xpensive.

    >> The 5D is the one that can go all the way up to ISO 3200 if you push
    >> it, right?

    > Yes, the D700 has a few features over the 5D, but that's to be expected
    > when a camera has the benefit of an additional three years of
    > development, isn't it? But while it has a few features that the 5D has,
    > it certainly is not a quantum leap over the 5D. Honestly, I'm pretty
    > disappointed with it.

    So what did you dislike about it when you used it?

    Cynicor, Jul 1, 2008
  7. Cynicor

    Jufí Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    > Jufi wrote:
    >>
    >> "Cynicor" <> wrote in message

    >>> The 5D is the one that can go all the way up to ISO 3200 if you push it,
    >>> right?

    >> Yes, the D700 has a few features over the 5D, but that's to be expected
    >> when a camera has the benefit of an additional three years of
    >> development, isn't it? But while it has a few features that the 5D has,
    >> it certainly is not a quantum leap over the 5D. Honestly, I'm pretty
    >> disappointed with it.

    > So what did you dislike about it when you used it?

    Funny, but I think you know what I mean...

    Jufí, Jul 1, 2008
  8. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Jufí wrote:
    >>> Yes, the D700 has a few features over the 5D, but that's to be
    >>> expected when a camera has the benefit of an additional three years
    >>> of development, isn't it? But while it has a few features that the 5D
    >>> has, it certainly is not a quantum leap over the 5D. Honestly, I'm
    >>> pretty disappointed with it.

    >> So what did you dislike about it when you used it?

    > Funny, but I think you know what I mean...

    Well, the real point is, how many people are buying this as their first
    camera. If you have Nikon lenses, the D700 has one major feature over
    the 5D - it takes Nikon lenses. If you have Canon lenses, the 5D
    likewise has a killer feature.

    I've got 10 pieces of Nikon-compatible glass, not counting extension
    tubes, teleconverters, and the pinhole I tried to make with a body cap
    and an F-mount Pringles can, so I'm not going to be going back and forth
    based on incremental feature sets.

    Cynicor, Jul 1, 2008
  9. Cynicor

    Jufí Guest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message

    >>> So what did you dislike about it when you used it?

    >> Funny, but I think you know what I mean...

    > Well, the real point is, how many people are buying this as their first
    > camera. If you have Nikon lenses, the D700 has one major feature over the
    > 5D - it takes Nikon lenses. If you have Canon lenses, the 5D likewise has
    > a killer feature.
    >
    > I've got 10 pieces of Nikon-compatible glass, not counting extension
    > tubes, teleconverters, and the pinhole I tried to make with a body cap and
    > an F-mount Pringles can, so I'm not going to be going back and forth based
    > on incremental feature sets.

    No question, it's a great choice for anyone with Nikon glass. An affordable
    (sort of) FF camera that can finally use the 17-35 2.8 to its full
    potential. Killer lens...

    Well, if you get one, enjoy it!

    Jufí, Jul 1, 2008