    the right, one inch apart. I've tried the troubleshooter already. Cleaned
    the inside bars and checked and realigned cartridges. Please advise.

    Sarah

    Sarah Pellerito, May 26, 2005

  2. Sarah Pellerito

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sarah Pellerito wrote:
    > I need help with an HP Officejet v40. When it prints, it leaves two
    > vertical black lines down the middle of the page. Slightly off
    > center to the right, one inch apart. I've tried the troubleshooter
    > already. Cleaned the inside bars and checked and realigned
    > cartridges. Please advise.

    I would use a different cartridge - I presume it will use/take a black
    only and not need the colors. If that doesn't solve the problem, things
    might be pretty gloomy, as HP doesn't support that printer anymore with
    parts, and it costs more to fix something like that than it is worth.
    One of my gripes about all in one products is that when something breaks
    in there then you've lost a printer, scanner, copier, and fax machine.

    HP also has a diagnostic gizmo here which still supports the v40
    http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/gs/index.aspx?lang=eng&cc=us&lang=en&cc=us

    You download the little program and see if the drill helps/shows
    anything.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 26, 2005