Office XP slipstreaming

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Patrick Dunford, Aug 7, 2004.

  1. Do any of the Office XP service packs support slipstreaming onto the
    existing Office XP CD image?
    Patrick Dunford, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Patrick Dunford

    frederick Guest

    frederick, Aug 7, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > > Do any of the Office XP service packs support slipstreaming onto the
    > > existing Office XP CD image?

    > Only the full admin versions.
    > SP3 has updates as in SP1 and SP2 - you only need SP3.
    > http://download.microsoft.com/downl...85DB12B/OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe

    Ta, I have the full SP3. I assume there is some documentation somewhere
    for the switches needed to merge it with the CD image, just as XP SP1 has
    such a switch. There is a slipstreaming procedure for XP on the
    www.theeldergeek.com website.
    Patrick Dunford, Aug 7, 2004
  4. Patrick Dunford

    frederick Guest

    > In article <>,

    > says...
    > > "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > > > Do any of the Office XP service packs support slipstreaming onto

    the
    > > > existing Office XP CD image?

    > > Only the full admin versions.
    > > SP3 has updates as in SP1 and SP2 - you only need SP3.

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...85DB12B/OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe

    > Ta, I have the full SP3. I assume there is some documentation

    somewhere
    > for the switches needed to merge it with the CD image, just as XP SP1

    has
    > such a switch. There is a slipstreaming procedure for XP on the
    > www.theeldergeek.com website.

    Google was very quick to provide:
    http://www.petri.co.il/office_xp_sp_slipstreaming.htm
    frederick, Aug 7, 2004