office xp pro/school

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Nish B, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. Nish B

    Nish B Guest

    in under 2 weeks i start a new semester at college (my
    second, actually) and i need office xp pro for 2 of my
    classes... my problem? i am on disability and with only a
    pell grant i barely have enough to buy books... i might be
    doing the work study (am waiting on letter from school)
    but still i need to come up with at least $200 (office xp
    pro) or $300 (office xp pro w/frontpage - kinda what i
    REALLY need cause i'm going into web/multimedia) to get
    the software.... it's academic pricing
    [academicsuperstore.com]... i literally have no one to
    borrow the money from.... my dad's been laid off for
    almost a year now after 32 years at the same place and my
    mom has been out of work since being hit by a car while
    walking almost 2+ years ago..... [yes, when it rains, it
    pours].. and my friends? have not seen them since i first
    got hospitalized for my disability in 1997... any help or
    suggestions would be appreciated - please e-mail them as i
    use netzero and can only access online from home
    occasionally due to living situation [not living with
    parents]. THANK YOU & GOD BLESS!!

    Nish B, Aug 17, 2003

  2. It's been a while since I was in college, but I seem to remember them having
    a computer lab, with software installed, that you could go to and use. Ours
    was even open 24 hours.

    Allen Zaudtke, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Nish B

    Pat Guest

    If you are getting financial aid, perhaps the cost could
    be considered like textbooks...the financial aid office
    should be able to help you out.

    Pat, Sep 12, 2003
  4. depending on the college, some actually have site
    liscenses open to students, where for $5 you can go and
    buy a CD set with the college's open liscense key.
    Perhaps you could look into this?

    C. Charles Hahn, Sep 14, 2003