    It’s quite clear even Microsoft is having some misgivings over the likely
    reception to Office Starter 2010.

    <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/retail-customers-do-your-office-starter-2010-homework/6525>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 15, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    Re: Office Starter 2010: What’s The Point?

    On Jun 15, 3:08 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > It’s got crippled functionality. And it’s got ads. Why not just stick on a
    > copy of OpenOffice.org, offering more features with fewer restrictions, and
    > be done with it?
    >
    > It’s quite clear even Microsoft is having some misgivings over the likely
    > reception to Office Starter 2010.
    >
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/retail-customers-do-your-office-s...>

    And if it is adware, why is Micro$oft selling it to OEM's. It should
    be giving it to OEM's or even paying OEM's to stick it on computers
    sold.

    By the way, as I understand it, Office Starter as installed is
    actually the full version, but locked down to a bare subset of
    features. A credit card is needed to unlock it.

    peterwn, Jun 15, 2010

  3. Re: Office Starter 2010: What�s The Point?

    In message <>, Mutley wrote:

    > I'm afraid that those prices for the Home Office and Business version
    > I'm be down grading back to Office 2003 when my beta of Office 2010
    > expires on Oct 31..

    Lots of people seem to be sticking with Office 2003, even though it’s now
    two versions out of date.

    Looked at OpenOffice? At least that has a future.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 15, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:07:26 -0700, peterwn wrote:

    > By the way, as I understand it, Office Starter as installed is actually
    > the full version, but locked down to a bare subset of features. A credit
    > card is needed to unlock it.

    IOW, it's actually crippleware.

    Sweetpea, Jun 15, 2010