Office SP3 upgrade

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by KiwiBrian, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    This is a copy of an exchange I had on the Office newsgroup and could be
    helpful to some here.

    Thanks very much DL.
    This worked and proved that the operation was successful.
    This may be useful info for others who are daunted by the size of the
    upgrade that MS wants dialup users to install (over 170 minutes) and who
    might have more than one PC to upgrade.
    Brian Tozer.

    "DL" <> wrote...

    KiwiBrian, Oct 1, 2004

  2. In article <cjjkdo$6qb$> in nz.comp on Sat, 2 Oct 2004
    01:00:24 +1200, KiwiBrian <> says...
    > This is a copy of an exchange I had on the Office newsgroup and could be
    > helpful to some here.
    >

    > Thanks very much DL.
    > This worked and proved that the operation was successful.
    > This may be useful info for others who are daunted by the size of the
    > upgrade that MS wants dialup users to install (over 170 minutes) and who
    > might have more than one PC to upgrade.
    > Brian Tozer.

    In some circumstances it will ask for your office CD and / or product
    key.

    According to MS there is a version that will not ask for this stuff, but
    in practice it may still do this.

    Patrick Dunford, Oct 1, 2004

  3. KiwiBrian

    Steve Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > In article <cjjkdo$6qb$> in nz.comp on Sat, 2 Oct 2004
    > 01:00:24 +1200, KiwiBrian <> says...
    >
    >>This is a copy of an exchange I had on the Office newsgroup and could be
    >>helpful to some here.
    >>

    >>Thanks very much DL.
    >>This worked and proved that the operation was successful.
    >>This may be useful info for others who are daunted by the size of the
    >>upgrade that MS wants dialup users to install (over 170 minutes) and who
    >>might have more than one PC to upgrade.
    >>Brian Tozer.

    > In some circumstances it will ask for your office CD and / or product
    > key.
    >
    > According to MS there is a version that will not ask for this stuff, but
    > in practice it may still do this.

    Not if you download the correct one...

    Steve, Oct 2, 2004