    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    http://www.karyn.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > I have a problem with a bunch of users getting wps files emailed in for
    > job descriptions...
    >
    > I use Office 2k3 and so it auto converts them, but other users(~99.9%)
    > use Office 2k which cant figure them out.
    >
    > so as a trial I renamed and copied over the "convert" folder in the
    > office install on a o2k box, and now it works just lovely.
    >
    > Have I broken any laws here?
    > I've read through some of the eula on MSO2k3 and I havent seen anything
    > sofar... and MS do provide downloads of some converters, but I havent
    > seen the right one yet.

    oh yeah... Oo_O isnt an option for these users, neither is Linux :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:57:18 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > oh yeah... Oo_O isnt an option for these users, neither is Linux :)

    Please explain why?

    Have they, or you heard of ASCII text? PDF or html? For goodness sakes
    people lets try to speak a language the other person understand.

    Gordon, Sep 30, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    Well said...... :)

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home

    steve, Sep 30, 2004
  7. It seems like Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:41:43 +1200 was when Gordon
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >> oh yeah... Oo_O isnt an option for these users, neither is Linux :)

    >Please explain why?
    >
    >Have they, or you heard of ASCII text? PDF or html? For goodness sakes
    >people lets try to speak a language the other person understand.

    Sometimes companies don't have the man power to convert all these
    files, check them for formatting and legibility, then deploy a new
    office package throughout a network. Considering the schools I've
    worked with, who only use office and the internet, changing office is
    like changing 50% of what they know about computers.

    I know it's an easy change, but they voted to get rid of a terminal
    server, because they didn't enjoy the experience (extra speed, and
    having to click two extra buttons), and said they didn't want to cope
    with the change.

    Open Office really looks quite different from MS Office.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Sep 30, 2004
  8. Gordon wrote:
    >>oh yeah... Oo_O isnt an option for these users, neither is Linux :)

    > Please explain why?
    > Have they, or you heard of ASCII text? PDF or html? For goodness sakes
    > people lets try to speak a language the other person understand.

    Oo_O isn't an option as it would have to go through our software
    validation for medical computer equipment... something that wont be done
    as the cost out ways the benefit. rinse and repeat for linux.

    Asking each person who replies to a job add to re-send is just a heap of
    double handling, I just want a quick and dirty fix for it.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2004