    intermediate user of 2003, but with this OS I'm not sure what is best for the
    performance of my new computer.

    Thank you for any advice :)

    Paula, Oct 2, 2009

  2. Paula

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Paula:
    The office programs aren't 64 bit so either Office 2003 or Office 2007
    will perform the same with XP x64, Vista x64 or Win-7 x64. I have x64
    systems running either office program.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Office 2007.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4477 (20091002) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Oct 2, 2009

  3. Paula

    Carlos Guest

    Paula,
    Either Office 2003 (dunno about "2033") or Office 2007 will work just fine
    in x64 systems.
    They are 32-bit apps compatible with x64 OS's.
    If you have an Office 2003 licence, just stick to it.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 3, 2009
  4. Both work well. Personally, I hate Word 2007, but generally like the other
    components of Office 2007. So I run both. I installed Office 2003, then
    upgraded it to 2007, but carefully told it NOT to upgrade Word. And then
    made sure I installed the fileformat converter package so I could read .docx
    files (the default file format for Word 2007.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http:/msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 3, 2009
  5. If you know a lot about Office 2003 than stick with it as 2007 is like
    starting all over as nothing is the same. I hate it.

    David B. Mathews, Oct 3, 2009
  6. Paula

    John Barnes Guest

    Why not wait for Office 2010? It also comes in a 64-bit version. Office
    2007 should also become less expensive when 2010 is released.

    John Barnes, Oct 6, 2009