    LD55ZRA Guest

    Is there a Office 2010 newsgroup anywhere? Microsoft has given up on them
    it seems.
    LD55ZRA, Mar 15, 2010

  2. LD55ZRA

    Mike Easter Guest

    LD55ZRA wrote:
    > Is there a Office 2010 newsgroup anywhere? Microsoft has given up on them
    > it seems.

    Office 2010 is currently a free public beta which will stay alive until
    2010 Oct.

    If you are going to discuss 'things' about something specific in the MS
    public groups, you would do best in one of the groups for the particular
    part of the suite you are interested, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
    OneNote, Access, or Publisher.

    MS is showing a trend toward not supporting their newer software with a
    group in mspublic newsgroups; there isn't a Win7 group there for example.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 15, 2010

  3. LD55ZRA

    VanguardLH Guest

    VanguardLH, Mar 15, 2010
  4. LD55ZRA

    sandy58 Guest

    On Mar 15, 5:36 am, "LD55ZRA" <>
    wrote:
    > Is there a Office 2010 newsgroup anywhere?  Microsoft has given up on them
    > it seems.

    Here's the MS blurb (definitely NO spam intended!):
    With Microsoft Office Professional 2010, your people get a wide range
    of powerful new ways to do their best work from more places ? whether
    they?re using a PC, smartphone or web browser. From insightful updates
    to Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, to new server integration
    capabilities that make it easier for everyone to track, report and
    share vital information, Office Professional Plus 2010 offers the
    complete package through familiar, intuitive tools.

    This is pre-release software, so please read the following to get an
    idea of the risks and key things you need to know before you try the
    Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta.

    Protect your PC and data. Be sure to back up your data and please don?
    t test Office Professional Plus 2010 Beta on your primary home or
    business PC.

    Uninstall any previous versions of Microsoft Office. We highly
    recommend that previous versions of Microsoft Office be removed from
    your test machine before installing Office Professional Plus 2010
    Beta.

    Technical details/updates. Before installing the Beta please read the
    Release Notes.

    Keep up with the news. You can keep up with general technical
    information and news by participating in the Microsoft Office 2010
    Forum (on TechNet) and reading the Microsoft Office 2010 Team Blog.

    Keep your PC updated. Be sure to turn on automatic updates in Windows
    Update in case we publish updates for the Office Professional Plus
    2010 Beta.

    Microsoft Partners. Learn more about Office Professional Plus 2010 on
    the Microsoft Partner Portal.

    A PC with these minimum recommended specifications: .
    ?500 MHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor or higher ?256 MB of system memory
    or more ?3.5 GB of available disk space ?1024x768 or higher resolution
    monitor ?DVD-R/W Drive

    Supported Operating Systems: .
    ?Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit) ?Windows Vista with SP1
    (32-bit or 64-bit) ?Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) with
    MSXLM 6.0 installed ?Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit) ?
    Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
    sandy58, Mar 15, 2010