    version, which somewhat defeats the object. Has anyone installed the
    64 bit version and are there any problems?

    Scott

    Scott, Dec 9, 2009

  2. It depends on which version your selected to download. I think the
    Home/Business is only 32-bit. I downloaded Pro Plus 64-bit and have it
    on one computer. So far I have not encountered any problems, but I'm
    not a heavy Office user.

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 10, 2009

  3. Scott

    Carlos Guest

    Bobby,
    One of the known issues (made me go back from Office x64 to x32) is that
    Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 doesn't work with Outlook x64.
    This keeps you from sinchronizing your Pocket PC or Windows Phone with
    Outlook.
    The 32-bit of Office 2010 doesn't have this problem.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 10, 2009
  4. If you have plug-ins for any Office program, e.g. Nokia Suite to
    synchronise your mobile phone with Outlook, they need to be 64-bit if
    they are to work with the 64-bit beta. So far as I know, there are no
    such 64-bit plug-ins yet. Hence the advice to install the 32-bit version.

    If you intend to use it stand-alone the 64-bit version should be fine.

    Dominic Payer, Dec 10, 2009
  5. Thanks, Carlos. I knew this but forgot to mention it in my reply since
    I don't use any of those devices.

    Bobby

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 10, 2009